Weekend strikeout on the OG

evans_usmc69

The fish won the battle this weekend. Fished a tourney Friday night from 7pm to 5am and got it handed to me. My friend in the back of my boat caught 3 fish on a 9" slammer and came in 2nd place, all of those fish were caught AFTER my 10" OG went over almost the same exact area....just couldn't buy a bite!! :evil:

Decided to go this evening for a few hours to the same lake to get a little revenge....didn't happen. In the video is the only bite, came on about the 5th cast. Felt like a good fish for the split second I had him, not real sure what it would of weighed. This is my 2nd bite on the 10" OG and I just can't put it down. I can't throw anything else but this bait, the anticipation just absolutely kills me! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTS8nLdnLxk

Keep throwing it, you will stick something on it...

I plan on it Darth, just too awesome of a bait to throw a few times and then put it down. As you can see, I had two other rods rigged up with triple trouts.....didn't pick them up once the entire 4 hour trip! :lol:

I've probably got 30+ hours throwing the OG with no fish in the boat. : /

I've had the hooks in three fish but they throw it the second they start shaking their heads.

I feel your pain man, had another decent bite last night, had him on for a second, head shake and hooks out! :evil:

Here's the miss from last night, you can barely see it in the bottom of the screen. I swear with my Loomis 966 it feels like I hook them even when I miss them reeling that big OG under water :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmZQ3XS1gs

One last trip for the contest this Friday: One rod, one bait, one goal :D I know this bait will eventually produce a 10lber for me, just a matter of when if I keep it in the water. This is by far the most exciting bait I have ever fished.

Great videos. You persistence and enthusiasm is inspiring.

Thanks Dave, means a lot. I'm out of the contest, spent probably 25+, maybe 30 hours with the bait and 4 bites total, one of which was a good sized fish that I got all the way to the boat and lost, but I'm not going to be able to go anymore before the contest ends. Sucks, cuz I really thought I would be able to stick a good one on camera.

It's all good though, didn't win the contest, but I will produce a PB with this bait, just a matter of time :D Seen probably 5-6 fish following this bait that would destroy my current pb of 9.1lbs. Don't think I would of seen them unless I was throwing this bait either. Congrats to all the guys that did catch fish with the OG and caught it on film, can't wait to see who wins the awesome contest that Mickey has put together. I am definately glad to at least be a part of it :D