Mountain Goating for Swimbait Bass

paynefish

I know I can't be the only one who climbs up and down steep hillsides to cast a swimbait into waters that don't get touched often. Went out yesterday and found a back creek that looked pretty good. Caught it all on video. Also gave me more confidence to keep throwing. I want to say thanks again to Marbles. I know it wasn't night time but I watched for where the sun was, spotted my spot, bounded over, stayed back from the water, made a long cast and blam! got bit. It's a tiny fish but nice to break a recent slump. Had a good conversation this morning with a guy in a boat (while I was wading throwing a slammer) who said he saw an article about big baits in Bass Times. I showed him some of my stuff and he seemed pretty interested. It also helps when you catch fish and they don't. GoPro wasnt charged this morning so I didnt get any video (more small ones anyway). Enjoy!

that looks like rattlesnake country. :shock:

yep. but they are everywhere and if you dont go where they are you wont go anywhere.

that's why you see me take my time and keep looking at the area around my feet. learned from an early age to watch where you will be stepping rather than where you did.

I REALLY ENJOYED THE MUSIC!IDK WHY BUT I DID!

looks like he ate it in the shady part too,cool ish man

Gipsy Kings have a lot of good music like that. yep, was right off that shade on that weedy clump. Thanks again for the tips! Learning more and more every day. Hopefully can get up to Pueblo again one day and we can go pond hop. Headed to Seattle in the morning for a week and no fishing :(