Late Night Sandbass

echoedd

Went out the other night to see if the Calicos wanted to play. Only the small sizes were out. Mickey hit 2 good sandbass on the 3:16 Minnows and I Feed Fish pulled on his first calico. I was killing the sculpin under the boat on the pink minnows, its a tap out when you start looking for the sculpin bite ;)

post-58-14252984873362_thumb.jpg

post-58-14252984873848_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job guys, those look like a lot of fun to catch. Damn do I envy the three of you ... even in your winters finest garb! Have to admit it though that I do enjoy watching you folks suffer a bit when you gear up for the cold there in Cali, hehehe; must of been a bit chilly out there for all the winter wear y'all were wearing. Crap, I'd give anything to catch anything I don't have to drill a hole for to catch, lol. Hell jigging with maggots is a far cry from fishing with my SBs !

And I do like those ("Mighty") Minnows! In my opinion, they are probably the single most versatile soft bait Mickey makes in his arsenal and I've been stocking up on lots of them for first ice out here.

Thanks for sharing!

Tim

thanks man, dude I had a blast! Even that little guy thumped my mighty minnow right when we got out there. I cant wait to stick a 5lb+ and feel what they can really do...

Ben was wrecking the sculpin all night, I snagged two of them and swung one so hard into the boat it flew past my head and whacked ben in the back :lol::oops: Good way to make sure he doesnt try and distract me... :lol:

thanks man, dude I had a blast! Even that little guy thumped my mighty minnow right when we got out there. I cant wait to stick a 5lb+ and feel what they can really do...

Ben was wrecking the sculpin all night, I snagged two of them and swung one so hard into the boat it flew past my head and whacked ben in the back :lol::oops: Good way to make sure he doesnt try and distract me... :lol:

I'm glad you had a good time! Now, who's making the tacos?