6.5" Realprey Alewife/Shad

Dsouth

Alewife/Shad Swimbait is 6.5 inches long, weighs 2 ounces and is available in slow and medium sink weights. Colors: natural (bluish/silver), silver, gold or any solid color Can be made with a 7/0 Jig hook or a #1 owner treble hook. The 1 what I have been working is a top hook with a ROF of about 10-12, the 1st thing I noticed was the texture of the material Realprey Joe uses it's very lifelike and collapse very easily so that’s a good thing. I work it extra slow right bottom bouncing and like a jig has been the most productive retrieves but mix it up till you find what’s working is my best advice. I have only fished the Alewife for LM but know a few Mass Cape guys that have caught GAINT 6lb plus SM on this bait both days and nights so it's a must have for the SM guys as well. The cool thing is RP Joe is willing to work with you with colors hooks jig or trebles so it's always nice to get a bait to do exactly what your looking for. Price is $23.99 ea and a very fair price i feel considering the cost of the Silicon material used to make Joe's baits.

Joe put together a great SM video on the CT River for SM and there’s also some cool other videos of his other baits swimming action so if you do a search I'm sure you will find them.

Also a good bait for the striper guys, Joe with a 40lb Striper that was caught on a 6.5†Alewife and MN guy with a nice winter SM caught on a custom painted Yellow Perch Alewife.

Tight Lines.

Dan

post-229-14252987301988_thumb.jpg

post-229-14252987302377_thumb.jpg

I have been wanting to do a review on this bait but don't have many pictures to add. Great bait for lakes with alewife in them, or rivers that have shad runs. Have done well on The connecticut river and some local lakes that have land lock alewife. Great bait for the money for sure. A must have in my opinion. Good review Dan.

I have 1 with over a hundred fish on it. Had a cat rip it in half eventually...but was able to glue it back together and still catching fish.

An awesome numbers bait.

Haha, sounds good to me, I'm sold! Thanks

Is that top hook or treble??

How's the durability on these. I have been wanting to try these..

Very durable material and the paint jobs are also very good with O pealing so far on my end. Add a two more LM shots 1 is a picture of the big guns, lots of cal guys like and are working the bigger 10†RP Trout bait.

post-229-1425298730288_thumb.jpg

post-229-14252987303213_thumb.jpg

I have 1 with over a hundred fish on it. Had a cat rip it in half eventually...but was able to glue it back together and still catching fish.

An awesome numbers bait.

Haha, sounds good to me, I'm sold! Thanks

Is that top hook or treble??

I primarily fish the treble version but have a few top hook as well

Little video I made for his 7.5" trout. That day Joe and I spent on the CT making the Alewife was just unreal, 80 plus fish in 5 hours all on the Alewife.

7.5" Trout is a nice bait after the DEP dumps in the bite size candy bar size trout that’s when to have the 7.5" rigged up.

I wanted to add the CT great SM video you guys made using the Alewife but for some reason I was not able to add it.

Add it if you can cjtoad.

Looking forward to using these! I hope the durability is there as I just ordered three. Hopefully they arrive this week!! Anyone have a picture of the golden shiner. It looks different on the website compared to the vid of it on youtube??