The cat's in the bag

CombatWombat

Don't have a pic of mine, but i stuck a decent catfish on a pink rising son awhile back, nightfishing. Have also caught them on various bass hard baits like rattletraps, topwaters, etc. They will hit anything! :lol:

Nice fish CW and mxmechanic!

Geoff

Don't have a pic of mine, but i stuck a decent catfish on a pink rising son awhile back, nightfishing. Have also caught them on various bass hard baits like rattletraps, topwaters, etc. They will hit anything! :lol:

Nice fish CW and mxmechanic!

Geoff

I got you Geoff, bootleg pic from my cellphone

post-58-14252984677894_thumb.jpg

:) i guess Im not the only one that catches a ton of cats on sb's. As much as they stink (literally) and are a pain to handle, they do add excitement to otherwise slow days. :lol:

When they fight you can tell pretty much as soon as it starts because they have the annoying habit of staying deep and then death-rolling like an alligator once you get them to the surface.

I guess private lakes like mission viejo and westlake have huge catfish :D

• 2 weeks later...

Some great looking HOG SB cats. The only big cat I ever caught was a Channel Cat that ended up being a Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame World Record Division #4 - Ice Fishing, Tip-Up for the biggest one ever caught through the ice icefishing 36' X 24' girth that went 26lb11oz. Cat was caught in CT on a Northern Pike trip on dead bait 6" off the bottom. Here's a look and don't :D at my hat.

post-229-14252984743845_thumb.jpg