A few November trips

High Power Swimbaits

I think I got out four of five trips last month all on trips taking clients out on guided trips. We probably caught 50 fish with 90% of them on some type of swimbait, We mixed in buzzbaits, worms, jigs and some swimjigs when the swimbait bite was slow. We didn't catch many at all under three pounds with most of the fish being three and four pounders. Here are a few good ones we got.

Joseph is the guy with the biggest fish he got it on the first spot of the day just before a big eight point deer jumped right in where he caught it. Joseph fished with me back in either September or October too and we caught a bunch of good swimbait and frog fish including a long skinny giant headed 12lber on light line and a worm. So, Joseph had a good fall considering he only went fishing three times this fall.

The photo of myself is one I got fishing with the guy in the other photo. It was below a pack of three and four pounders chasing a High Power Herring. I kept letting the three and four pounders take shots at it but pulled it away about four or five times before the bigger fish got it at the boat. I had a buddy on the lake who had the same thing happen to him at almost exactly the same time but he had a double hooked up with a four pounder and what looked like an eight pounder but he lost the eight pounder at the boat :lol: so I had to rub it in some. :twisted:

Last photo is a guy who came down from New Jersey with his girlfriend to fish with me. First stop of the morning he hooks up with I think six fish almost on back to back casts after I miss one that left a giant swirl on top. He lost three of them with 12lb line fishing over hydrilla and stumps. He got a good one though which was his new PB. I am thinking we had 20-25 strikes that day in short flurrys of activity between long periods of no bites and landed most of them after he swithced to 65lb braid.

post-119-14252987618732_thumb.jpg

post-119-14252987619051_thumb.jpg

post-119-14252987619279_thumb.jpg