killer instinct lures?

slideaction

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No means of offense as well, but some form of communication goes a long way. Right now its waiting game for me. He may be perfecting the lure before he sends it out. Rather it be that than something affecting him personally til then guess I'll be throwing the few I have

I've pretty much written my bait off........ordered it early Dec., tried calling and e-mail, nothing.

^ hate to admit it but starting to feel same hopefully some of the cali folks can help us out. Was told my bait would be shipped a week from nov 29 so.... true you have to pay to play but hate it in this manner. :|

I dont think he is scamming anyone at all. He's been really cool through PMs and texts/FB chat.

I honestly just hope he is ok. He didnt strike me as the type to just fall off the radar.

He isnt scamming anyone he is held up with tons of orders but the baits will come no matter what ive fished with him for 3 years he will make sure it happens. He just has a few diffent things going one including new baits.

I dont think he is scamming anyone at all. He's been really cool through PMs and texts/FB chat.

I honestly just hope he is ok. He didnt strike me as the type to just fall off the radar.

He isnt scamming anyone he is held up with tons of orders but the baits will come no matter what ive fished with him for 3 years he will make sure it happens. He just has a few diffent things going one including new baits.

If you know him then tell him to answer his phone/texts.

All my texts to him have been very civil and genuinely displayed my concern for his well being. I still hope all is well but he has to know that if he is running a business, this really isn't the way to keep guys coming back.

I got a bait in the mail that I perceived as a "peace offering" of sorts. I'm very pleased with it and I told him so in a text this past weekend. It literally takes 30 seconds to type a reply. Over the course of this, I would let a week and a half to two weeks pass before I sent a friendly "what's up" text to him. Up until 1/31 I was getting texts back. It's now 2/19/13 and nothing.

So, what I'll say to you is this. If you are going to come on here and say that you know John and take up for him, fine. You've now opened yourself up to hear complaints as far as I'm concerned. I've said all along that ish happens and life has a funny way of throwing you a curveball at the most inopportune times. However, as you hopefully can tell, my patience is wearing a bit thin.

If you know him then tell him to answer his phone/texts.

All my texts to him have been very civil and genuinely displayed my concern for his well being. I still hope all is well but he has to know that if he is running a business, this really isn't the way to keep guys coming back.

I got a bait in the mail that I perceived as a "peace offering" of sorts. I'm very pleased with it and I told him so in a text this past weekend. It literally takes 30 seconds to type a reply. Over the course of this, I would let a week and a half to two weeks pass before I sent a friendly "what's up" text to him. Up until 1/31 I was getting texts back. It's now 2/19/13 and nothing.

So, what I'll say to you is this. If you are going to come on here and say that you know John and take up for him, fine. You've now opened yourself up to hear complaints as far as I'm concerned. I've said all along that ish happens and life has a funny way of throwing you a curveball at the most inopportune times. However, as you hopefully can tell, my patience is wearing a bit thin.

The bare minimum that a legit business can do is call back in a timely manner, most can understand if there are some issues that may have kept him from fulfilling the order but he needs to explain what the hold up is and offer a refund if you decide you can no longer wait. Customer Service 101 in my opinion, Speed you and all his customers deserve better. Hopefully something happens soon.

this is why I never accept money before I have a bait done and ready to ship. with a fulltime gig and life and all its hiccups, ish happens and baits take a back seat. I had a horrible winter as extra time for baits is concerned, but I try and at least answer back and appologize. My dealings with Killer Instinct was smooth as silk, hopefully he can get back to you guys and let you know whats going on. Sometimes when orders stack up it can be a little over whelming coming home from one job and going right back on the grind in the garage, but ive found that open communication is enough to keep most waiting customers happy.

I'm pretty understanding. I've had stuff come up, personally and professionally. Like I said, ish happens.

Just a sequence of texts that I have kept, some abbreviated but containing pertinent info:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep Pm's private guys (SU crew2)

-----------------------------------------------------

My receipt from Paypal is dated 12/3/12, so I waited a month to even contact him about the baits in the first place.

The bait he sent me is bad ass. I had it doing some funky stuff in the water the other day that I have not been able to get other baits to do. I have no doubt that the glides will be awesome too.

I'm sure someone has thought, "Why doesnt he just get the money refunded through Paypal?" Because I dont want to. I buy stuff that I believe will work and I think these baits will really work around here. If/when they show up and I start sticking fish on them, I'll still post 'em up and sing the praises of the bait. Once I hear from John and the baits are in my hand, honestly I'll probably forget all about it.

Unfortunately, it's cabin fever time in PA and all I have to occupy my time is sitting around being pissed off waiting for spring and my baits to show up.

There

IMO not replying to your customers inquires in a timely manner or not at all is completely unprofessional (unless there is a medical or family emergency). I also find it unethical to take someones money and they leave them in the dark for months. Again, if it is a medical issue for himself or his family, I understand. All he has to do is put a note on his website that he apologizes and give the customers some assurance that he will be delivering all back ordered baits. He should also not be taking peoples money until he can start fulfilling orders again.

Same here. I contacted him last November, exchanged messages with him for a few weeks and ordered the two for one sale. His last reply was in December stating he received payment and would be in touch. I have attempted to contact him through his website as well as here and another site to no avail.