Way to End 2012…. 12/31/2012

mmasturgeon

It was a tough year for me with so many things going on that limited my time being out on the water; but I’m still very thankful for all the blessings on 2012.

The last couple of weeks we been getting tons of rain, but I just waited for the right conditions rather go snowboarding… I called up my buddy and told him I will teach you what swimbait fishing is and put you on fish… I was kinda joking because his Xmas gift from me was BB deps 250ss…

Long and behold he sticks his first fish, his DD for 2012 10lbs 10oz on the bait … hahaha and followed it with 7+lbs… I started to think I may have just kick myself in A$$ for taking him and giving him that bait.

But an hour later I made a long cast just outside the weed line letting my Mike-O tuned :ugeek: deps 250ss sink to the bottom and slowly creep where I can barely feel it touch grass. All a sudden I felt a slight tick cranked a full turn felt the rod started to load….. Bam bam set the hook she was on….. 9.63lbs on the digital scale… I was really hoping for a DD but 4 fish over 7lbs is not bad one being a DD while another just ounces away from being a DD…

Here are some pix….

Don’t let the cocoon glasses fool you it’s a must have when fishing big toads :lol::ugeek:

10lbs-10ozDepsBB_zpsa2394491.jpg

BB Deps 250ss 10lbs -10oz

2ndof3DepsSlideswimmerFish_zps3b9e5198.jpg

BB Deps 250ss 7+lbs

Mike-OTuned2_zpse54ce426.jpg

LDC custom XH

Lexa 300HL Animal house supper tuned

Deps250ss Mike-O Tuned :lol:

Mike-OTuned_zps42420ff8.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone…

Yup! Sure was a great day; one other thing that made it a even more perfect day was having very little wind as air temp was around 28* degrees in the AM and warmed up to just under 45* rest of the day. One thing I hate when I tubing is wind.

Happy New year!!!!