I'll be damned! I can catch a fish...

swimbaitrookie

or two :D

I haven't posted here in a long time because 2012 was a major suck year for my fishing adventures. I fixed that yesterday by going to a beautiful, extremely well managed private oasis in Southern Oklahoma yesterday at the invitation of my friend Andy Bloodworth. The conditions were clear, high skies, light north wind, and warming temps for the second day in a row, but for the first time in 2 weeks. The water temps were 42 to 44 degrees, clarity was 3' - 4' with grass growing out to 10' - 12' deep. All fish were caught on grass flats from 6' to 10' deep on Ospreys and A-rigs (I know - not real swimbaits... :D) We caught 10 total, missed a few other bites and had a couple get off. Best 5 weighed 31-7 :D:D:D

Of course, I let Andy catch the biggest two since it was his invitation...

Andy's 8-10 and 7-2

8-10.jpg

7-2.jpg

My two high-five's

5-10.jpg

5-7.jpg

The 4-10 we couldn't cull...

4-10.jpg

I never would have fished as shallow as we did yesterday given the conditions. We did try a couple of deep structure spots dragging rof 12 hudds, mission fish and top hook RS's but with no success. Went back to the flats and Andy immediately gets the 7-2. For the next hour it was game on as we proceeded to cull all the smaller fish from the morning. One of my fives had the tail of a large shad sticking out of its gullet. I think the feed was on!