Anyone ever casted around ice chunks for a swimbait fish?

colbypearson

Thanks dudes! I was pretty pumped on finally busting a hudd fish, it's been awhile since I have swimbait fished for largemouth with a 8''+ bait instead of smaller 6''-7'' summer type stuff or wake baits.

Dr, It was a 6#, not huge but a good start :D

Thaaaat's good stuff 8-)

How'd the fish hit, much of a fight?

Congrats!

Fish just ticked it twice in a short period of time, one of those set without thinking kind of deals! Fought ok no real runs but it would turn on its side and dig a bit.

First real fish on my dobyn's 867. Not overall sure about it yet, much lighter than I thought weight ratings wise. :| seems good for hudds though.

Also I cant find a damn reel to fit in the reel seat, have tried Curado 300's, cardiff 300's and my calcutta b 400 (the reel I planned for the rod) They all fit really loose and slide around...Lots of guys said to shove something in the reel seat or wrap the reel foot with electrical tape, tried it and even that stuff had a super annoying give to it, every time I crank with pressure it would wobble and the screw always wants to loosen.

Anyone figure anything else out?

I seen Matt A. give advice on this on the other site. He said he opted for that real seat when giving input on design. I wouldnt be a fan of that either.

I talked to Matt about it, he hasn't had the problem and gave me some advise how to fix the issue, just curious if anyone else might have found another option.

It's dissapointing and a little annoying but overall I like the rod, for hudds.