BA Frustration and Redemption

flaswimbaiter

Yesterday I went to my favorite lake and threw everything at them, but all I got was a three pounder on a glidebait. Afterwards at a different lake, I found a huge fish that was only interested in my BA and nothing else. This fish came at it hard, mouthed it, followed it, but would not commit, I was not sure if she wanted to eat it or mate with it. After about an hour, I gave up.

Today I went to my mullet lake with a Hudd but only jumped a little guy. I switched to my BA and soon after hooked my first bass on it, but it came off right at the shoreline. It was at least 4-5 pounds. Frustrated, I headed back casting in front of me, I was slow rolling the bait when all of a sudden my line went slack and tight, I knew immediately that was not a bass. I set the hook hard and this beautiful bronze beauty jumped out of the water shaking that 10†bait like a pit bull with a chew toy. :D She was almost in when I felt one of the hooks pull, I immediately ran down the shoreline trying to keep tensions on the line and her head down. She didn’t like that so she turned and jumped anyways, I didn’t want to lose her so I did something crazy and flipped her onto shore. :o (Insert comment about how great LDC rods are) :lol: She measured 34†and I estimate 10-12 pounds, not a PB, but my largest on a swimbait.

Afterwards, I went to another spot and had a huge black shadow follow in my BA, but turned at the last second.

post-91-14252987972586_thumb.jpg

post-91-14252987972902_thumb.jpg

Sounds like fun!

When I get a fish following the BA that looks likes it's actually interested in eating it, I do a quick pause, snap, pause and it cause the bait to roll and flash a little bit, like a dying baitfish. Sometimes it provokes vicious strikes. They will even grab it and shake it sometimes.

Sounds like fun!

When I get a fish following the BA that looks likes it's actually interested in eating it, I do a quick pause, snap, pause and it cause the bait to roll and flash a little bit, like a dying baitfish. Sometimes it provokes vicious strikes. They will even grab it and shake it sometimes.

Thats what I usually try, but it didn't seen to work. It seems most are just curious. The one I did hook knocked the crap out if it.