Lake Fork Freestyle!!!! And new swimbait PB!!!

Jtelarkin08

What a way to end my week.. Started it out with two good fish and ended it with a lake fork toad.. I was so pumped.. I fished all day with my kokanee slow sink freestyle trout and never gave up.. About 30 min b4 dark i made a long cast and was letting it sink a little.. B4 i even started my retrieve i felt my line jump so i set the hook.... I knew it was a good one when i set the hook and just started praying she stayed down.. I wenched her in and my dad netted her.. To say i was excited would be a complete understatement.. Im really gonna be on them in a few weeks. THe area i caught this one is just sarting to get good.. No doubt I will stick a DD this year.. THis one wasnt far from it. She was 23.5 inches long and im guessing 8 3/4 to 9 1/4 pounds.. Somewhere in there.

4c381a66.jpg

efe0f06b.jpg

Man, I'm pumped!!! So awesome, I hate traveling but maybe one day I need to venture down to the Lone Star State with Butch and Ben! Congrats on the personal best and I also think you're you're going to get a double digit this year if you keep chucking like this! It ain't a week in the life of Butch Brown but I know id take it for sure! You catch another big fish and your dad might change his mind! I know swimbaitrookie is kicking himself...

Helluva fish JT!!!

... I know swimbaitrookie is kicking himself...

No chit Denny. I'm sitting here right now with an ice pack on my shoulder after my daily pain session. That's ok though, I had a 9 on a swimbait last April, long before JT did, so I've just been letting him catch up :D

Hell to the YEAH! That's what I'm talkin about! WTG! and way to stick with it.

That dude has what I call "tail fat" :lol:

Edit: get ya a scale now ;)

ha i have one it was in the truck..

You not think she will go 8 3/4 don????

Oh no, That thing is so close to 10 that when you are looking for that 1st DD it's best to know for sure. When they get in that 9 lb range it is hard to tell for sure if it is 10 or not. She sure looks real damn close in that pic to me. She looks every bit of 9+ but I was thinking she could have squeaked out that 10 even. Just looking out for that 1st DD for ya buddy haha! She has a killer frame (thick).