What comes after Valentines day?? Mothers day!

evans_usmc69

After playing around with it in the middle of the lake, on my first cast on a dock, I had 2 largemouth in the 6-8lb class follow it out. Nothing special, I know.

Nothing special? Nothing special? :shock: I'm sitting here with inches of ice on my favorite bass spots and a 6 - 8 pound bass is nothing special? Man, I have got to move to warmer climes!

Seriously, though, it seems like that bait has some serious calling power. I loved the partial crouch and knee bend when the 10+ swirled on the bait.

After playing around with it in the middle of the lake, on my first cast on a dock, I had 2 largemouth in the 6-8lb class follow it out. Nothing special, I know.

Nothing special? Nothing special? :shock: I'm sitting here with inches of ice on my favorite bass spots and a 6 - 8 pound bass is nothing special? Man, I have got to move to warmer climes!

Seriously, though, it seems like that bait has some serious calling power. I loved the partial crouch and knee bend when the 10+ swirled on the bait.

Well it wasn't really special because that dock is in a row of docks that I caught 20lbs in a tournament last year on a hudd. Lost an 8lber by breaking off my only hudd 68, etc. Lots of good sized fish in that area and I've had them follow a hudd out A LOT, but never on a scale like I seen with the mother!! What was special for me, was being able to obtain supreme confidence in a 12" 10.5 oz bait on the very first cast!!

Yeah, you need to fly south for the winter! I would go absolutely nuts not being able to fish year round :shock::o:shock:

but the sheer number of fish coming up and bumping the bait and smacking at it without hooking up is what made me so crazy!

Exactly why I have one on order. I hear you get more of a reaction with the Mother. I have been throwing the Deps 250 and get tons of followers, an average day is 20+ followers, but none are reacting to it no matter how much I change things up. My theory is a bigger bait will get them all hot and bothered.... hope so anyway!

but the sheer number of fish coming up and bumping the bait and smacking at it without hooking up is what made me so crazy!

Exactly why I have one on order. I hear you get more of a reaction with the Mother. I have been throwing the Deps 250 and get tons of followers, an average day is 20+ followers, but none are reacting to it no matter how much I change things up. My theory is a bigger bait will get them all hot and bothered.... hope so anyway!

Deps two fitty and the mother have two very different actions. The two fitty turns a lot sharper and glides more narrow compared to the mother. I really think the deps looks better on a slow reel, the mother goes so wide on a slow reel that I haven't really done it much. However, there is no comparison to which looks better on a real slow controlled glide, the mother by far. The two fitty also sinks faster than the mother(before you tune it anyway).

Went out with the mother again today but only one bite and no hookups. Was a lot tougher day, for all baits. The one bite was all JPassmore22 and I got. He got a few follows on the hudd but the mother drew out a lot more fish, around 10 to 2, and also much bigger fish. Also had a trout follow my negotiator and swim beside it checking it out :D

What are your thoughts on the Mother Custom, with the two top hooks? The lake I fish maxes out at 6 feet, so hanging trebles on a slow sink gets tricky during the summer

Also, what setup are you using, and how do you like it for throwing the Mother?

What are your thoughts on the Mother Custom, with the two top hooks? The lake I fish maxes out at 6 feet, so hanging trebles on a slow sink gets tricky during the summer

Also, what setup are you using, and how do you like it for throwing the Mother?

Haven't tried a Custom, I'm thinking it would be a difficult hookup for anything under 5-6lbs though, not sure?

My setup is listed in every video on youtube. For the mother I use: LDC Custom XXH(aka Horsec*ck :lol: ), Shimano Calcutta 401TE, and P-Line CXX 30lb test.