Club tourney bust!

evans_usmc69

Fished my club tourney yesterday and thought I would really be able to weigh in some major weight after all the action I had on the mother last week....well the weather and rain had a different idea :twisted: Rained all day Thursday, mostly Friday, and early morning on day of tourney. It turned the crystal clear river into a stained, debris filled mess!

I fished the area anyway to see how the US Trout color would hold up in stained water. An employee with Roman Made had told me that a lot of research had gone into the color so that it would produce in clear and stained water. They were correct, I got my chance with a 5-6lber but only had one hook in it and I zigged when I should of zagged and lost her at the boat :twisted:

After a lot more searching and casting(and even throwing a hudd and other baits for no bites or follows), I finally put all my rods up except for my LDC Custom XXH and committed to the mother, the only bait I had gotten action on in this cold of water. After getting a few lazy followers, I hit the dock in the video and had the 3.5lber and a smaller fish follow the bait to the boat. I thought it was going to be another lazy follower, but after twitching the mother and making it seem like the bait was gonna get away, the bass struck at it and I escaped a zero. Not what I'm looking for, but I will take it until I can get the monster I am looking for :D Ended up being a rough tournament and that fish got me 4th. Only one person had a limit(10lbs in 5 fish, small spot main lake bite) and most people weighed in 1 or 2 small fish. If I could of landed the bigger fish I would of easily gotten big fish and 2nd place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0fgdiXJv6I

Thank you to everyone for the kind words :D

You're not helping those of us sitting on the fence about throwing down the cash for a mother. :evil::D

It's not a miracle bait by no means, but I have had very limited success this time of year on any bait, especially a swimbait. It definitely catches and draws out all sizes, from dinks to toads. From the first cast I have had ultimate confidence in this bait and feel like each cast has the chance to produce my first DD....we'll see :D Got a ton of trips planned in the next few prespawn weeks on some of the best STE water in my area :mrgreen::mrgreen: