Spring Break Trip

swinbaitbassing

Im going up for my brothers graduation in the army training during spring break, it will be in south carolina then were also driving him back up to tenessee a few days later, i really want to catch a smallmouth, and muskie, but really want the smallmouth, and some largemouth in another state would be sick, but i dont know what to use, how to fish for them, i prolly know how to get some largemouth to bite up there, but dont know what to do for muskie or smallmouth, any tips help. Thank you!

Fort Jackson? When? Will you have a boat or yak?

The best chance for a smallie in that part of SC would be the Broad River. It has very limited access points, but you can wade fish it near some of the bridges in down town Columbia. Right now its too high and muddy to wade fish, but it may become manageable if we stop getting rain between now and whenever you'll be around. If you have access to a yak or canoe, the options on the river are a little bigger. I don't put in a lot of time on the river, but I know 6" TT, HPH, and soft swimbaits work there.

For largemouth, what is best depends on what water you'll have access to. I've had success on the few places I fish around here with TTs, HPHs, and baby HardGills, but some are better at certain places than others.