Dead Horse Custom Baits

BHud4

ARE BITCHIN!!! firstly i want to thank mike for not only making the best looking and swimming gliders around but for being such a cool guy and for being so dedicated to making the exact bait i had in mind! I have never had a bait maker call me to discuss what i am looking for in the bait, that really showed me he is truely in this to make baits that catch fish not make baits that make him money..

I have a B-2 glider and a TruGill hard tail and i cant put into words how much i like these baits. I have a deps 250 and rago glideator and they have been sitting on the shelf since i was blessed with these dead horses. They are the most versitile baits i have ever fished. You can make them glide a foot and a half each way or you can make them glide 2 inches each way, you can run them deep you can run them shallow.. In my opinion the dead horse gliders swim head and tails better then my deps or rago's.

I cant thank Mike enough and i cant wait for my 6 inch gliders!!

if you havent checked out there baits yet your missing out!

post-2095-14252988202101_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that B2 the stocker trout color?

that b2 is a color me and mike worked together on to match some trout that had been cuaght out of my local lake ... I think mike named it the fine line vine stocker or something like that but if you want it, tell him your looking to get the fine line b2 that you painted up for brady and he will create another masterpiece like this one!

This is Swimbait Underground. A member driven, unbiased forum for Big Bait enthusiasts and their pursuit of Trophy Fish; it's time to put up or shut up! The Underground was created to provide swimbaiters with an open, no BS forum to discuss swimbaits and related techniques. This is truly a site created by swimbaiters for swimbaiters. No board sponsors hiding behind advertising dollars and censoring your voice. Our loyalty is to YOU, the fisherman. Any bait or gear that you are excited about and want to share, please do, but we expect the following: a detailed description, pictures, video (if applicable) and definitely the fish to back it up.

You gonna put up or shut up??? If it's half as good as you say it shouldn't take you long to throw up a cast to catch video. I know nothing about these baits, but I know what the Underground used to stand for. Step it up and show us what this bait has got

This is Swimbait Underground. A member driven, unbiased forum for Big Bait enthusiasts and their pursuit of Trophy Fish; it's time to put up or shut up! The Underground was created to provide swimbaiters with an open, no BS forum to discuss swimbaits and related techniques. This is truly a site created by swimbaiters for swimbaiters. No board sponsors hiding behind advertising dollars and censoring your voice. Our loyalty is to YOU, the fisherman. Any bait or gear that you are excited about and want to share, please do, but we expect the following: a detailed description, pictures, video (if applicable) and definitely the fish to back it up.

You gonna put up or shut up??? If it's half as good as you say it shouldn't take you long to throw up a cast to catch video. I know nothing about these baits, but I know what the Underground used to stand for. Step it up and show us what this bait has got

i typcally fish alone at night therefor it is had to create a cast to catch video but next time i take my boat out ill give it my best shot. And if you look in got um i posted a fish caught by the gil.. Sorry to disappoint :|

i typcally fish alone at night therefor it is had to create a cast to catch video but next time i take my boat out ill give it my best shot. And if you look in got um i posted a fish caught by the gil.. Sorry to disappoint :|

Thanks for the awesome review, not everyone can make a cast to catch video! common' to the other user who was so rude, be an adult about it. We are all here to help each other out. Im stoked you put this info up, It was exactly what I was looking for. Going to buy a B-2 now.

Thanks for the awesome review, not everyone can make a cast to catch video! common' to the other user who was so rude, be an adult about it. We are all here to help each other out. Im stoked you put this info up, It was exactly what I was looking for. Going to buy a B-2 now.

IMO Not rude at all, just looking for fish that it has produced. I agree with BHud that they are a great looking bait, but I have seen A FREAKING TON of great looking baits that couldn't stick a fish.

BHud, a couple questions to further your review if I may:

How much does it cost?

How much does it weigh?

What kind of hardware comes on the bait?

How long did it take from order to receiving the bait?

What gear are you fishing it on to get your opinions?

What is the tail made of?

Good luck with the bait. Always good to see people entering the arena.

IMO Not rude at all, just looking for fish that it has produced. I agree with BHud that they are a great looking bait, but I have seen A FREAKING TON of great looking baits that couldn't stick a fish.

BHud, a couple questions to further your review if I may:

How much does it cost?

How much does it weigh?

What kind of hardware comes on the bait?

How long did it take from order to receiving the bait?

What gear are you fishing it on to get your opinions?

What is the tail made of?

Good luck with the bait. Always good to see people entering the arena.

Here is my $.02...

I have a 6" Baby glide ($65) in bass color and it weighs 2.79oz on my scales. It has Mustad Ultra Points on it and I'm fishing it on an LDC production MH with a Lexa300, but it works great on my W&M flipping stick with corvalus 400 also. Both rods have 20# Big game on them. I haven't tried it on my Phenix heavy, but I am sure that it would run fine on it as well since you aren't really using the rod to get the action out of the bait. I think the tail is made of lexan as it is a hard tail. Here are a few pics.

post-2302-14252988295941_thumb.jpg

post-2302-14252988296398_thumb.jpg

post-2302-14252988296876_thumb.jpg

But the question still remains.....what kind if fish have you caught on it?

Good to see some OG members remember the rules of the game....Thanks Wayne and Dave for helping remind the new fellas what SU is about.

Don't take my previous comment as a personal attack, it wasn't intended as such. It's about the bait and what it's capable of. If you're gonna make outlandish claims regarding the productivity of this bait, especially when compared to a Deps SS 250, you're gonna need to back it up. This OP is an infomercial and not a review...

Some of us have been here long enough to have seen this before...... Killer Instinct ring a bell??? Bunch of new guys hyping brand new baits.... Must have baits!!!! Swim awesome!!! Wonder how the folks that kicked money down on those only to have Jfish and his cronies turn ghost????

The Dead Horse baits look good, and I'm not saying the maker will rip people off like Jfish did, but the bait needs to prove itself and earn it's spot in the game.

I truly hope you guys with these baits do well on them and show us what's up, that's the purpose of this section. I won't be the only one looking to buy one after some swim videos, cast to catch videos, proof of reasonable durability, etc..

I didn't make the rules that I pasted previously, but I do appreciate them. It helps to keep some integrity

Ya feel me???

I understand where everybody in this post is coming from. So, I'm just going to offer the knowledge I can on the topic.

I had the chance to fish with the owner of Dead Horse baits a few days ago and I was able to try some of his stuff out.

I fished everything he has currently available aside from the prop bait. I had 5 fish and he had 4. My biggest was probably around a 3, nothing to rave about but it was fun, and on one of his baits too. He managed a 6 Lb 5oz DONKEY on his 6" ss bass glider, bad little bait. He hooked it up with a ss truegill and that was what all but one of my fish came on, the other was on a ss faded carp color 6" glider. I was fishing the truegill on a custom H with a lexa and 20 lb big game, a bit much for the bait but I didn't want to bring the MH that day. The 6" was on a Production H with a curado 300 and 25 lb big game, the rod and reel were perfect for the bait but the line could have been 20 and it would have cast a bit better. I had the chance to fish the B2 as well, but didn't fish it much so I don't feel I should comment on it. The truegill has a tight little "s" action and darts amazingly on the pause or twitch. They are best fished at a medium retrieve with twitches(best producing retrieve). I don't know the exact length or weight. I fished the truegill the most so I also don't want to get into too much with the 6" glider. It glides about 8-10" either direction and darts well, that's about as far as I got with the bait before picking the gill back up, the one fish on the 6" was on a slow roll making the bait bounce off a wall, she pinned it against the wall.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone, don't take this as a full review because I honestly don't feel I have enough time on the bait to properly analyze it.