Dead Horse Custom Baits

BHud4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys this is mike from Dead horse Baits. Brady, Luke, Chad, thanks for the review and kind words. there is a video on youtube under "B2 super glide" you can go look at for swim action of the B2. the baits have only been fished for about two and a half months. I have only been building baits and painting for about 5 months, I have learned quickly and i am learning more every day. I only have about 30 B2's sold to people all over the US, they have been catching some great fish all over the country already, 9.2 lake austin TX, 9.4 lake lopez CA, dd striper on the colorado river, and it is just the begging of what is to come. If you have a question about a bait ask me, I aim to be a bait builder readily accessible and available. I am not on here to promote myself nor did I ask Brady to do so. I am a hard working single DAD just trying to survive and build a bait company. I have so much respect for all the other bait builders in the market and have gotten cold shoulders for no reason other than just existing. The slide swimmer is in fact one of the best swimmers we have ever seen, the Rago glide is a great bait and produces big fish, these push me to think outside the box and build baits with your opinion as an option. cast to catch footage will be up soon from some heavy hitters in the swim bait world. note I did not ask them to fish my baits, they asked me and liked what I was doing and support me as a person. not here to step on toes, just fish, it is so simple. There will be haters everywhere and people that cause friction, I choose to steer clear of all that drama, i just build things that swim to catch things that swim, Simple! lets fish some time, come up to castias for the skunk of your life, i throw all day for a follower and your stoked! :D

Now that the bait maker has showed up and handled himself like that, I am all ears.

Welcome to the Underground. Looking forward to what you have to offer.

^This

"and rember a tiger doesnt lose sleep over what the sheep say" <-----this guy :lol::lol::lol: TEAM REJECTS ARE ALL SHEEP!

I have realized no review will be good enough for the GODS of SU! thanks mike for clerifying since i just dont know what these guys want from me hahaha..Your baits are great if only this guys didnt rely on words to show them that and they actually fished them. Keep up the good work and thanks agian

What would make you all happy in my next review?? instead of complain lets find a solution maybe?!

I have realized no review will be good enough for the GODS of SU! thanks mike for clerifying since i just dont know what these guys want from me hahaha..Your baits are great if only this guys didnt rely on words to show them that and they actually fished them. Keep up the good work and thanks agian

What would make you all happy in my next review?? instead of complain lets find a solution maybe?!

Honestly man, nobody was asking anything crazy from you. Your review was a bit vague and some people wanted more information.

It's not like your the only person that's been called out for a review like this.

I've been polite while you continue to give responses like this.

So here we go.....

Look, your comments make you seem like a douche. People requested very simple information about a bait in YOUR POSSESSION that YOU HAVE REAL WORLD FISHING EXPERIENCE with. Read the other reviews, it's nothing out of the ordinary. The bait manufacturer came on here and gave a very professional response that started to redeem your thread and make it something worthwhile.

You want a solution? Learn how to write a damn review instead of a Billy Mays Oxyclean commercial.

Gods of SU? Hardly. But I sure as hell will put my PA fish up against what you are catching in Cali. Don't go there brotha, you ain't got the ammo.

Haha... calm down. Most guys can't afford to go buy and try every new bait that comes out just like I can't afford to buy every new reel or rod that comes out. So we have to rely some on words of others to make wise decisions. Maybe you are loaded with cash and can try everything that comes out... not most of us.

If you look through the reviews on this vary site there are lots of good reviews

Here is one (just a couple down on the page that is good) and its good without having any pics of fish.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1147

Here is a great one (just a couple down on the page from yours).

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9442

Read some of the reviews and find a good one that you like the format/style and then model your review after that.

A suggestion on things NOT to do

1) make claims that the bait you are reviewing is far superior to proven fish catchers without backing it up

2) get all pissy when people ask for more information or ask questions about something you didn't address

I've been polite while you continue to give responses like this.

So here we go.....

Look, your comments make you seem like a douche. People requested very simple information about a bait in YOUR POSSESSION that YOU HAVE REAL WORLD FISHING EXPERIENCE with. Read the other reviews, it's nothing out of the ordinary. The bait manufacturer came on here and gave a very professional response that started to redeem your thread and make it something worthwhile.

You want a solution? Learn how to write a damn review instead of a Billy Mays Oxyclean commercial.

Gods of SU? Hardly. But I sure as hell will put my PA fish up against what you are catching in Cali. Don't go there brotha, you ain't got the ammo.

more complaints with no solution hahahah too funny and who are you to judge who is a douche hahaha

why dont you take a look at others responses that list out ways to improve a review instead of make dumb ass remarks and comparesions..

I dont need ammo sheep cant shoot guns :lol:

Haha... calm down. Most guys can't afford to go buy and try every new bait that comes out just like I can't afford to buy every new reel or rod that comes out. So we have to rely some on words of others to make wise decisions. Maybe you are loaded with cash and can try everything that comes out... not most of us.

If you look through the reviews on this vary site there are lots of good reviews

Here is one (just a couple down on the page that is good) and its good without having any pics of fish.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1147

Here is a great one (just a couple down on the page from yours).

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9442

Read some of the reviews and find a good one that you like the format/style and then model your review after that.

A suggestion on things NOT to do

1) make claims that the bait you are reviewing is far superior to proven fish catchers without backing it up

2) get all pissy when people ask for more information or ask questions about something you didn't address

thank you i really appeciate you not making some dumb ass remarks and actually giving me a helpful response so next time i can make a "proper" review

Good Lord man, how many suggestions for a complete review do you need?

You asked for suggestions, it was pointed out that suggestions for a better review were already given.

Like you so eloquently pointed out, DO SOME RESEARCH. There are plenty of "complete" reviews on here for you to scan and get some ideas as to what to include in a comprehensive review. Even if it's an initial review, state that. Not difficult.

And yeah, your comments make you come off sounding like a douche.

Since you obviously missed my first post, I'll highlight this one for you.

Note the very first sentence where it contains "to further your review."

BHud, a couple questions to further your review if I may:

How much does it cost?

How much does it weigh?

What kind of hardware comes on the bait?

How long did it take from order to receiving the bait?

What gear are you fishing it on to get your opinions?

What is the tail made of?

Good luck with the bait. Always good to see people entering the arena.

You ask for suggestions but took it as a personal attack. It started out as nothing but helpful.

do a little research and dont rely on others to spoon feed you your information and rember a tiger doesnt lose sleep over what the sheep say

Do some research? Isn't reading a review on here considered research?

You're gonna do this guy's business more harm than good saying ish like that on here. :lol:

you could consider it "research" but maybe research prices via companys website?? but idk and do you really think people are gonna give up their secret's over review?? i read reviews, hear what others have to say about the product but i dont consider it research becuase its just people's opinion, its like wikiopedia its opinion but yet facts. and i defiantly dont relie on others to tell me EVERYTHING.

thanks for your opinion SpeedBead :)

I am coming in late in the game on this convo but reading some of the comments I do have one thing to say.... if you are going to do good "research" you are going to take everything into consideration reviews and all. Personally the review section is a great way because its a third party stating their opinion of how the bait performed for them. For me that means more than some sales pitch on the companies website.

Just my .02