8 inch weedless hudds

Jut

I bought a couple weedless from the first release and I didn't like them, they didn't have much tail kick compare to the regular 8". These baits from the 2nd release are much better, swim just like the originals but weedless :-)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threw mine for a few today and noticed that they sink a lot faster than the regular ROF 5. I've seen a few threads on the web about this, but was hoping it would be fixed for the latest release.

Anyone noticed the same with these?

Have many people removed lead from a 5?

They definitely are a lot faster sinking than the regular 8" ROF5's. I fish from the bank and wanted a 5, so its a little frustrating when its more like a 12. I was just hoping someone could help me mod it to slow it down without screwing it up.

Threw mine for a few today and noticed that they sink a lot faster than the regular ROF 5. I've seen a few threads on the web about this, but was hoping it would be fixed for the latest release.

I cut one open because a big chunk of the weight broke off after a lot of abuse. I left the broken piece out and glued the bait bait together. Sinks super slow, but lays over too easily on the retrieve. So I just shoved some nail weights in there until I got it where I wanted it.

I cut one open because a big chunk of the weight broke off after a lot of abuse. I left the broken piece out and glued the bait bait together. Sinks super slow, but lays over too easily on the retrieve. So I just shoved some nail weights in there until I got it where I wanted it.

Ok guys, Here is the scoop on the 5. You guys already know the Old 5's have NO hook at all. You know why? Because of the way it would sink (top heavy) and did not run the way they wanted them to. The Weedless 5 on some does seem to sink faster however mine were still close to a 5 to 7. BUT! I did have one with a lable of ROF 5 that was infact a 12. Again if the weight in the belly has points on each side then it is in fact a 12. You will NOT feel any points on a rof 5. Fishermen are never happy :lol: You know what They suck, sell em to me :D I need more anyway. ;)

Haha! I won't part with mine

I like the ROF 5 as it is more than the ROF 12 even because I don't find myself fishing too much deeper water, and the little bit faster sink rate of the weedless is a pretty perfect all purpose sink rate for me. It fishes well in 7 to 20ft.

I just had the one weedless 5 that the back part of the lead on the harness snapped off after a while, and rather than try to put the two pieces back together and in the bait perfectly straight so the bait didn't lean to one side, I left it out and added weight to the belly until it worked for me.

I thought I posted pics of how I cut the lead out of a weedless and the results? search engine time. I like how the new albinos have the golden eyes. I like the red eyes too so now I have both! :D