Roman Made Mother

evans_usmc69

Talked the wife into translating it some for me. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close to what Takeyama is trying to say.

First part he's saying that he catches a lot of fish on the mother. He says that when you cast it, jerk it, give it a little pause, then start your retrieve. Some people just start swimming it but it's better to rip it once, then start swimming it slowly. If a bass misses the bait, jerk the bait and he might come back after it(**seen this work!).

When it goes to the up-close shot of the albino, he's talking about how big the lure it is. He says yes it is really big and most people don't think it will get bit, but big bass will eat it(mainly talking about targeting the biggest fish you can with this bait).

Then on the underwater shot, he says that if you jerk this lure it will be a good outcome(?? I think he's talking about the retrieve and throwing a jerk in there is good for the action). He then goes into talking about an erratic retrieve by using the reel. He says an erratic action is best. Then he says like I told you before, when you cast it, do that first rip to get it to glide to one side.

When he's shaking the bait up and down, he says if a bass chases it, you need to start "shaking" the lure or make it glide down(?). He says to keep trying a different type of retrieve and you will learn what the bass want. Then he says this bait is better than you can imagine(agreed with that :D ). It's important how serious you are trying to make the bass bite this bait but enjoy it.

As it's going to the back to the shot of him of on the boat, he says he has caught(or seen?) many world class bass with the mother. He said he's never seen the fish respond better to a different lure. If you have a chance to catch a world class bass, whether you get it or not, that is still your experience.

As the camera backs away he says the mother will give you a chance at a catching a world class bass(there was more in there, was really hard for the wife to translate this part for me). As he's catching the bass he says the lure will guide you to a big bass. This bait will be a new discovery for you, you've never seen a bait move like this. He says he's still learning how to fish this lure(Wife said he calls the lure "him" in this part like it's something alive :lol: ).

When the camera comes back to him holding the albino, he says the bait is really deep. He feels like he needs a long time relationship with this lure to learn everything about it but the bait is a lot of fun to learn.

Lots of good info there I think. I can agree a lot with that last part. The bait definitely has a lot more waiting to be unlocked in my hands. I am enjoying it and literally don't want to fish any other bait when I get on the lake! It's definitely a bait that you need to put a lot of time into to figure it out, as with most mega sized swimbaits. I had success from the start, but it's not something I expected or anyone else should expect with a bait this size.

Some videos of the actions of the baits from Roman Made(Mother at the end) and some vids of the Mother in the water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LGGLKQ9Z-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laQp9duPqqw

I'll try to get a video of a little trick I have been messing with as well. You can do a fast jerk on the rod when the Mother is barely under water, and it will glide to one side and come out of the water....looks like a trout jumping/trying to eat on top of the water :lol: Haven't gotten any bites this way, but I just learned how to do it last week. Be had to get a video of it because it works better when there is a lot of line out, but I'll give it a shot :D

The Mother Perch has been ordered :lol: Here's the pic of that perch I seen on the lake the other day, he was about 7-8" and his fins were pretty jacked up. Definitely looked like a big one swallowed him then spit him out, swimming upside down in the same place where I caught my PB back in 2007 :P

I'm thinking that if the Mother pretty much looks like the perch color negotiator, add some more orange for the fins and it should be a pretty good match. I'll post pics when it arrives, probably in a month or so I'm guessing.

I've had a perch Mother on order for maybe a month. I thought it may be in the latest shipment, but it wasn't. No biggie, I've been having a hell of a time getting on the water lately. :cry:

Yeah, it's a slow go getting them for sure. If you're wanting a color other than US Trout, it's gonna take a month plus to get them from what it seems. Well worth the wait though in my opinion :D

I've had a perch Mother on order for maybe a month. I thought it may be in the latest shipment, but it wasn't. No biggie, I've been having a hell of a time getting on the water lately. :cry:

Yeah, it's a slow go getting them for sure. If you're wanting a color other than US Trout, it's gonna take a month plus to get them from what it seems. Well worth the wait though in my opinion :D

The longer it takes, the longer I have to save money. :lol:

I've had a Ayu triple for awhile, but I rarely throw it. I'm excited to get the perch. I'm gonna throw the hell out of it at a lake with monster muskie and bass where perch is a major forage. I'll put it to the toothy critter test.

But yeah, this report is top notch. Thanks.

I'm excited to get the perch. I'm gonna throw the hell out of it at a lake with monster muskie and bass where perch is a major forage. I'll put it to the toothy critter test.

Perfect...Looking foward to the results. I'm on the fence about getting a mother because I've used smaller roman made baits and the soft wood gets beat up pretty easy by esox.

Who's Dave San anways?