Roman Made Mother

evans_usmc69

• 3 weeks later...

Any more updates on the toothy critter test, I'm very curious to see how the mother stood up to it. Also, did you get the perch pattern in yet? I want to see pictures of the perch pattern/esox encounters before I cave and buy/trade for a mother. Looks pretty sick.

Any more updates on the toothy critter test, I'm very curious to see how the mother stood up to it. Also, did you get the perch pattern in yet? I want to see pictures of the perch pattern/esox encounters before I cave and buy/trade for a mother. Looks pretty sick.

No perch yet, I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

X2

Still waiting on mine as well.

X2

Still waiting on mine as well.

Lucas,

Did you order Perch as well? What model?

Negotiators but this might help hold you over on the wait?

BatVpES.jpg?1

I have the exact same baits. Even have a similar chip in my perch. Last time out I had a small follower on the US Gill, but couldn't make her commit. I definitely prefer the glide of the custom over the bottom hook.

yeah the custom has a much better glide

+1 Playing around with my custom, found out that on a quick jerk I can make the bait jump out of the water like a trout :lol: Last trip I went with it, seen a lot of trout jumping and tried that retrieve and had a nice 8+ follow it all the way to the boat to see what was up! Can you imagine making the bait jump out of the water and it getting crushed by a toad :shock::shock::shock: Definitely on my to do list to get that on video this summer :lol:

That would be sick of you did that Travis! Can you do that with all the mothers?

+1 Playing around with my custom, found out that on a quick jerk I can make the bait jump out of the water like a trout :lol: Last trip I went with it, seen a lot of trout jumping and tried that retrieve and had a nice 8+ follow it all the way to the boat to see what was up! Can you imagine making the bait jump out of the water and it getting crushed by a toad :shock::shock::shock: Definitely on my to do list to get that on video this summer :lol:

That would be sick of you did that Travis! Can you do that with all the mothers?

+1 Playing around with my custom' date=' found out that on a quick jerk I can make the bait jump out of the water like a trout :lol: Last trip I went with it, seen a lot of trout jumping and tried that retrieve and had a nice 8+ follow it all the way to the boat to see what was up! Can you imagine making the bait jump out of the water and it getting crushed by a toad :shock::shock::shock: Definitely on my to do list to get that on video this summer :lol:[/quote']

The triple, definitely no. The Custom yes, not so sure about the bottom hook. My US Trout bottom hook doesn't swim like it did when I first got it. It's pretty much on twitch duty. Note to self-keep the bait sealed :lol:

When I get my next bottom hook, I will see if I can do it. I was just playing around with it one day and was tried jerking it hard and bam, the bait jumped out of the water :shock: I'll at least try to get a good video of the bait doing this the next time I get out on the water.