MH or H LDC for 8" fs trout

aasenke

The XH production for 8" fs is great. You can get buy with jig hook hudds too, would be better for Head hook hudds like BB rig though.

The custom has way more back bone. I don't have a H custom so can't speak for it. The XH and XXH are my rods of choice anyway. I don't like messin around with big fish. :lol: Once you get used to using the XXH a lot even the XH seems to have less reaction to hard hook sets believe it or not . So it seemed.

I had an XH on order, changed it to an XXH a few days ago. Wanna know why? Cuz I'd rather be kicking @ss than getting my @ss kicked :lol::lol::lol: Love that quote Don :D

I actually got it so I will have two rods capable of launching the Mother, but I'm definitely gonna try other lures on it.... if I can get that big Yokozuna Sumo wrestler of a bait off my line long enough ;)

6 or 7 ounces on up is what I was told when I was asking Ben about getting a rod.

I've personally casted everything from 3-13 with the rod and I get plenty of distance with both. Just have to feel the weight of the fish and make your mind hesitate on the hook set with the lighter baits. Even with perfectly matched equipment you should be doing that anyways.

I just prefer rolling with 1 rod and hate carrying extra rods and find myself throwing heavier baits more.

What is an xxh rated to?

So far for me 8.8 spots and DD largemouth :lol: I can toss a Dead twitch pretty good, 10" FS like a 8" Hudd. And 3 oz weedless Hudd's . Thats my rating . Lol short and to the point . Have you seen the bend of XXH with a good one on? Are you fishing for XXH fish or MH fish ? Lol im teasing . But they do kick a$$

I can toss a Dead twitch pretty good, 10" FS like a 8" Hudd. And 3 oz weedless Hudd's . Thats my rating . Lol short and to the point

+1 I thought the dead twitch might be a tad too much for it, nope, it handles it very well. I'd say the ACTUAL rating is about 3oz up to small cars :lol::lol:

Don, after seeing some of your youtube vids, I think I will go big and go for the xxh... There is no reason why I shouldnt throw 3oz hards/ hud 68s all the way to Hglides... Gives me options 8-)