Spring Break!

Deltaman

It has been too long since I've landed a semi-solid fish. I only have school and work to thank for that! Luckily, I got to go out quite a bit on the DIRTY-D over my break and it was rough but I managed a few good ones. My dad and I launched my kayak at around ten in the morning and fished for around five hours without a bite. I managed to see a TON of fish because the water was relatively clear for the Delta. The fish were shadowing all of my top waters but wouldn't commit and all of my slow sinking baits had to be worked to quickly to draw any attention. The tided turned on our way back to our launch location and I had remembered reading Dsouth's post about cranking down his wakebaits. I knew the fish weren't coming up to the surface so I started sticking my LDC (love this thing Ben) in the water and cranking down one of my smaller wakes. About five minutes after I started doing this I got hammered! Turned out that the fish was blind in one eye. It was a super long fish for only being a 4.8, but it was fun nonetheless. Ten minutes after, I caught a small one that ended up on a plate... 8-)

Rod: LDC H

Line: Big Game 25

Reel: Cardiff 301

Lure: Homebrew (Aprx. 6in)

post-274-14252988435024_thumb.jpg

Nice one! It's awesome that we can learn from everyone's experience on here. To me, that's what it's all about, hands down :mrgreen:

Oh yeah! I enjoy learning and I love that people can share their hard earned information to help a brotha out.

Nice one! It's awesome that we can learn from everyone's experience on here. To me, that's what it's all about, hands down :mrgreen:

Oh yeah! I enjoy learning and I love that people can share their hard earned information to help a brotha out.

Yes sir. Nice one.

Yep!

the crank down! ish is money. nice one. Its been a damn windstorm out here!

Seriously! it was ridiculous! I thought will all that wind that throwing a top water would've worked, but nope. I was wrong.