roman made negotiator

R8R

I've still got a lot of work to do on the Negotiator. First order of business, leave the Mother at home :lol::lol:

Should be some Throbs hitting Precision Tackle soon as well. All I gotta say about the throb-if you ever want to throw one, might want to get one now, mine will be here tomorrow ;)

RM seems to be getting a good response from the US trout(and rightfully so, I love this color!). Only thing I add to it is just some more dots with a sharpie on the body and the tail.

Is the throb similar to any baits RM makes now?

The throb looks to be way different from the other RM baits. You can check it out on their website. On a side note, I wish some of these US dealers would get some stock back in! Really want a Trick in the Pig color

I got a perch custom top hook and its a really awesome bait. This was my first day with it so Im still figuring it out.. the s waving on it is pretty tight when reeling moderately fast very slalom like. if you reel it really slow it will glide a couple feet from side to side,like its searching.When you stop the reel mid way it will free glide for a while. I got a pretty big hit at one of my spots in between the pylons of a bridge, but it came from underneath so I couldn't get a hook up with the top hooks. The paint on these things is really delicate I already took a big chip out of one side of the joints. Surprisingly banging it off of a concrete bridge column only scuffed the side it and didnt chip anymore paint. Roman Made should make silencers for the negotiator like they do for the mother.

YAX0fhw.jpg

Chipping at the joint seems to be happening to a lot of RM baits, including mine. RM is working on fixing it. It seems that a lot of it has to do with the different layers of paint going on the bait and not strong enough clear coat? I'm not sure, I don't make baits, but maybe they should look into the brand of clear coat Randall uses :lol: I know that it's mainly the US colors because of the amount of layers used on the paint job.

Couple of things you should look at when you get the new baits, look at the corner and if you can visibly see an over spray, sand it down some with some really fine grit sand paper. Also go ahead and put a bit of clear coat at the stress point where the two parts are hitting. Adding silencers is probably the best thing you can do though to prevent the chipping from happening. I also hope they start putting silencers on the smaller baits, it would pretty much stop the problem.

Another thing I noticed with my baits are the tails falling off fairly quickly. It's better to go ahead and jerk the tail off when you get it, clean the cavity out with a razor blade, and then re-glue it. I put glue on the inside of the cavity and the tail and have yet to have a problem. Good thing about the tails, they float if one falls off :D

Don't hesitate to contact RMUSA if you have problems with your baits. They have been very good to me and should be able to help you out if you have a problem with a bait.

Chipping at the joint seems to be happening to a lot of RM baits, including mine. RM is working on fixing it. It seems that a lot of it has to do with the different layers of paint going on the bait and not strong enough clear coat? I'm not sure, I don't make baits, but maybe they should look into the brand of clear coat Randall uses :lol: I know that it's mainly the US colors because of the amount of layers used on the paint job.

Couple of things you should look at when you get the new baits, look at the corner and if you can visibly see an over spray, sand it down some with some really fine grit sand paper. Also go ahead and put a bit of clear coat at the stress point where the two parts are hitting. Adding silencers is probably the best thing you can do though to prevent the chipping from happening. I also hope they start putting silencers on the smaller baits, it would pretty much stop the problem.

Another thing I noticed with my baits are the tails falling off fairly quickly. It's better to go ahead and jerk the tail off when you get it, clean the cavity out with a razor blade, and then re-glue it. I put glue on the inside of the cavity and the tail and have yet to have a problem. Good thing about the tails, they float if one falls off :D

Don't hesitate to contact RMUSA if you have problems with your baits. They have been very good to me and should be able to help you out if you have a problem with a bait.

Great info I really appreciate it. I have a couple lipless tricks and they don't seem to chip as fast but I guess since they have multiple joints theres less stress than having only the single. Im going to fish it until the paint falls off then get it resprayed by someone.

Hey, what are you guys using as a silencer to protect the joints of the negotiator?