Follow Up Bait

evans_usmc69

Good topic. This is a tactic I really like to use when I'm fishing with a buddy. On a recent trip, I fished a glide, and he fished a hudd. I feel like either one or the other would get them excited to the point it triggered some bites.

There were times where we would cast exactly at the same spot and retrieve together, ones triggering a bite. The glide seems to get them moving, and paying attention. I don't know if its hunger, or a territory thing or what.

Im not sure how it would work, or even if it will work, but has anyone tried a tandem rig with a slide swimmer? You know the tactic with the rof 5 hudd and the rof 12 hudd. If you can manage the ROF's for a slide swimmer 250 and possibly a 12 or 5 hudd, you could essentially just reel. Of course this thing would be impossible to cast, and youd need a monster rod. I know the slide swimmer loves to tornado on a cast. Maybe a 175 size slide and hudd would be just as good, or better.