exploited waters what are your thoughts????

mmasturgeon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont know about the ponds where you guys live, but I'm not eating a single thing out of the ponds where I'm from. :shock: As far as exploited water goes, it's up to you to try and keep it how you want it. Exploited waters can be frustrating, but it's also an interesting challenge. Pressure stinks, but its a fun competition. As far as bodies of water being over run with ignorant fisherman, not following the rules, here in florida I know all too well. This mostly relates to shore saltwater fisherman. There isnt a dock on the river that isnt breaking the law RIGHT NOW, and its a shame. The kind of money that would need to be invested to get poaching under control would be nuts. But Florida is spending it. We have drones that search for illegal activity going on offshore.

Protect the waters to care about most, and inspire your friends and peers to do the same. Just do you part and thats the best you can do.

As far as the beef between bhud and speedbead, take that ish to private message or something. I dont want to have to read through the BS to get to the topic.

:shock: whoa, this topic is hot! :lol: fish on carpet, snap pic, release fish. everyone learns the hard way, i sure had to. And theres nothing wrong with keeping what you catch for the day if its within the laws. I may not agree with it, like a giant that gets killed, but i didnt catch the fish either. Most people who casually fish or do not fish at all think we are crazy for letting the fish go. I always hear "you let the fish go!??" why the heck do you fish then?"

There are no bass left in California. Anecdotal data from my last 30 trips out proves that.

Sorry your spots got burned Jun. We tried to talk a guy who had a 13 lb bass that ate his trout into letting it go including offering him all the cash we had pooled together ($600), and he still refused. If you're hungry, $600 will get you a lot of food. Just saying. This is out of your lake BTW

-Ali

Thanks for all your comment’s guys. Now I can see why Bill Dances only fishes in private lakes…. j/k (I’m not sure about that just my thoughts “hahahaâ€) But for real though I have called DFG on people fishing illegally not for bass yet but for Sturgeons back when I use to fish for those Dino a lot. I never kept one from all the years of fishing same goes with bass. Anyways, my issue is we fisherman’s we spend a lot of money on gear, baits and time some more than others. Because I can’t fish as much as some people I have to choose my battles carefully and having water that produces consistently is half the battle. For some people to f†it up for ego boost it’s just wrong in my book. Post a pic fine but don’t paint a yellow brick road. I like to catch to fish and appreciate “Not†catch to fish & Destroy... Thank you…

Social media is killing one of the lakes I fish at. :? People think its cool to make go pro vids of every outing and post them, everywhere. Then 2 days later theres people fishing in the same locations and you can over hear boats talking "oh you see his new vid, he sat right there and caught 3". All the while throwing the exact same thing! It is cool to make vids, but point the lense up a bit more if your going to post it is all im sayin lol! In addition there is now a big video about to come out and from what I've seen and heard alot of footage comes from that body of water also. Sucks because now people are going to be saying "oh im going to travel to fish --- water", much like people now say "oh im going to fish STE waters". :roll: Thats all im saying bout that. :evil:

As far as poachers. Ill leave that one alone. Just know Karma's a "Not Allowed"!

There are no bass left in California. Anecdotal data from my last 30 trips out proves that.

Sorry your spots got burned Jun. We tried to talk a guy who had a 13 lb bass that ate his trout into letting it go including offering him all the cash we had pooled together ($600), and he still refused. If you're hungry, $600 will get you a lot of food. Just saying. This is out of your lake BTW

-Ali

i will hit you and your boys up next time something is caught like that.

:)

$600 can go a long ways when it comes to baits!

i dont know squat about CA Ponds.

I believe this to be the heart of the issue.

call it what you want but all i know is i want to protect my waters not poach them..

LMV will never get blown out its private bahaha so keep your dd fest going! but make sure to take a few so the population doesnt get stunted!!

The other day when i pulled the fish out ( my got em post) a person was yelling and screaming at me for a solid two minutes for releaseing a spawning female..are you serious?? the bummer is that people or better yet bass fisherman encourage the bucket fisherman to take bass what a joke!

If you post photos of every fish you catch, whether it be 1-DD fish with the shoreline clear as day in the background, then you will destroy those waters. And if you catch that PB fish, don't tell the world the longitude and latitude of where it was. Keep it DL so you can get another PB after PB. Friends tell other friends FYI...

Up here in NorCal we had a sick Striper lake in Los Vaqueros last year the drew the lake down (small already) to about 40% pool to extend the dam.

Thismisma rental only lake and a trout plant lake so,it was chock full of 20 plus pound striper feeding on the trout.

They let people keep on boating and fishing at 40%!water and the eaters fished it out in 4-5 months. 4 guys in a boat taking 8 fish killed it. The dock guys said it was sickening seeing 8 20-30 pound striper killed every boat the it went to 15 pounders then 10 pounders...

They slaughtered it now you can't hardly find a striper over 10 when you could get several a day if you had a clue.

I don't do any public forum posts like fish sniffer and only my local clubs get info and sometimes that is blurred out backgrounds if its a lmb spot.

Internet is awesome and awful at the same time. To many lazy fuks that are idiots

LMV is about as private as Irvine.

seriously irvine and lmv same amount of private huh?? hahaha yeah right! irvine you pay you can play,dont think lmv is that easy to get on to but yeah LMV is about as private as Irvine

Who doesnt know squat about CA Ponds me or the guy that claimed irvine is as private as LMV :lol: Good One

LMV is about as private as Irvine.

seriously irvine and lmv same amount of private huh?? hahaha yeah right! irvine you pay you can play,dont think lmv is that easy to get on to but yeah LMV is about as private as Irvine

Who doesnt know squat about CA Ponds me or the guy that claimed irvine is as private as LMV :lol: Good One

Considering - A. I live in Oregon and fished LMV for a week straight last year didn't really get questioned by anyone, and B. Austin lives on Mission....You're probably wrong.

Maybe that's just how it works when you don't burn your bridges and accept that your wrong from time to time.

He clearly just put that information forward as a comparison, not to be taken literally..... In short LMV is not that hungary, I mean private.