Mattlures Twitch and Rago Poppa Walka

Cochran53

I was just wondering if anyone has much experience with these. I'm looking to upgrade to some bigger baits and I thought these would be a cool place to start.

(I did a search, but if there is already a thread discussing these, let me know)

Thanks SU!

That Dead Twitch is a freakin' monster! Seen some good catches posted on the Poppa Walka on here too.

You should catch some fish with either. IMO, only drawback (for me, may be a plus for others) on the DT is the size of the thing. I don't know that I would have enough confidence in the bait to fish it long enough to be successful.

That Dead Twitch is a freakin' monster! Seen some good catches posted on the Poppa Walka on here too.

You should catch some fish with either. IMO, only drawback (for me, may be a plus for others) on the DT is the size of the thing. I don't know that I would have enough confidence in the bait to fish it long enough to be successful.

That was one of my concerns as well. Where I'm at, a monster fish is like 8-9 lbs (the state record is 10# 4oz).

That was one of my concerns as well. Where I'm at, a monster fish is like 8-9 lbs (the state record is 10# 4oz).

Even though the DT bait is a monster you should not be casting very much anyway , When dead sticking it casts and sits a while with a twitch. You will still be casting less if done right. These baits I feel are better for when you KNOW where they are, not for just casting around random.

I've just played with a dead twitch in the water enough to see what it could do. It's a pretty cool bait and althought it's not a bait you can fish fast, it is a bait you can put some action into. A light jerk,followed by some slack line with make the bait glide.

If you go fast at all it rolls...