Youtube help!

Bassindon69

I added a Youtube song to one of my vids. Next thing you know I got a notice for the only vid I had with AC/DC on it. So I junked that song.

My question is... Now every time I try to add a youtube song to a video it says " error try again later". This is two three days like this now? Anyone know whats up?

Thanks

AC/DC might be the new Pink Floyd on youtube and not want anyone using their songs? I dunno? I know before(last one was about a week ago) when I was putting up vids with Metallica or whatever, I just had to acknowledge that yes it was Metallica or whoever else in the vid....hence the reason I have been trying to put more "demos" in my vids :D

BTW, AC/DC would fit your vids really well Don, hope you get that resolved and post up some toads :D

Pretty much any music used youtube is gonna cut you off, theres some organization name (IODA) that apparently owns everything musical, they even mark peoples music videos that is their content. I recall IODA is associated in some way with sony. I have posted videos that are unlisted (only those with a link can see) and used songs with like 2,000 total views and had them still identify that song and mark my video. I'm not sure why you cant upload your videos normally they upload fine but you get a notice within a few days typically, they dont take the video down just mark that its not your content and you get like a warning, something like 3 warnings and they suspend your account for a certain amount of time or some crap.

Maybe youtube search IODA and see if it answers your question further, they are similar to the WMG that was plaguing youtube in the past.

I'm suprised you can use metallica Travis! :lol: I did it a long time ago and they made a big deal of it. And yes its mostly and acknowledge thing it appears Don, like citing a source for the most part.

Usually they give you the option to accept or dispute the claim. It's probably best to just accept it or ignore it if its not your musical content.

I will just use other music. But it let me put youtubes music to my 12 lb weedless vid , it's not bad (fitting) but it just won't let me add music to any other existing vids. Just seems wierd it let me work on one but not any others. Maybe a time period to wait? Idk. I will check that out colby, Thanks ;)

I will just use other music. But it let me put youtubes music to my 12 lb weedless vid , it's not bad (fitting) but it just won't let me add music to any other existing vids. Just seems wierd it let me work on one but not any others. Maybe a time period to wait? Idk. I will check that out colby, Thanks ;)

Don, here's the way I add music to my vids: I use windows movie maker and when I decide what song or music I want added to my vids, I just use youtube mp3 converter(can't post link so just google it and it should be first one to pop up). You cut and paste the youtube URL you want to download to mp3 for and it will download to your computer. Then just go back in to windows movie maker and add the music. Only thing is that youtube will recognize the music most of the time and you will have to acknowledge or ignore the notice that you are using copyrighted music, but it doesn't take the video down. I think most of my videos with music is blocked in Germany, must be the copyright laws or something there?

The only music that I had straight up denied was a Bob Marley song, can't even remember exactly which one it was? With Metallica, I found that if you use demos that are on youtube, it will get around the copyright acknowledgement notice on some of them(like my 8-6 Mother vid with "Hero Of The Day" demo, aka "Mouldy" which is from a import single :D ).

Don, here's the way I add music to my vids: I use windows movie maker and when I decide what song or music I want added to my vids, I just use youtube mp3 converter(can't post link so just google it and it should be first one to pop up). You cut and paste the youtube URL you want to download to mp3 for and it will download to your computer. Then just go back in to windows movie maker and add the music. Only thing is that youtube will recognize the music most of the time and you will have to acknowledge or ignore the notice that you are using copyrighted music, but it doesn't take the video down. I think most of my videos with music is blocked in Germany, must be the copyright laws or something there?

The only music that I had straight up denied was a Bob Marley song, can't even remember exactly which one it was? With Metallica, I found that if you use demos that are on youtube, it will get around the copyright acknowledgement notice on some of them(like my 8-6 Mother vid with "Hero Of The Day" demo, aka "Mouldy" which is from a import single :D ).

That's what I did. I used Movie maker too, Took the music (that I payed for on my Zune) Like Mp3 pretty much. I just got rid of it because I just didn't like the BS from youtube. I will play "their" game :lol: But thanks ;)

That's what I did. I used Movie maker too, Took the music (that I payed for on my Zune) Like Mp3 pretty much. I just got rid of it because I just didn't like the BS from youtube. I will play "their" game :lol: But thanks ;)

Play their game and use live music, nothing wrong with AC/DC live :D Just make sure it's the first song or two in their set or it will sound like a USMC drill instructor trying to sing :lol::lol: Lead singer's voice goes out pretty quick :lol:

Yea the music YouTube thing sucks sometimes. Just search for some royalty free music and acknowledge the author in the video credits. They also even get picky with background music if you have ads enabled. I've been dealing with it for a few years now and just decided to not put any music in my vids bc something always ends up happening with some new rule?

Play their game and use live music, nothing wrong with AC/DC live :D Just make sure it's the first song or two in their set or it will sound like a USMC drill instructor trying to sing :lol::lol: Lead singer's voice goes out pretty quick :lol:

LOL! No this music is provided by youtube. See....

I kept running into problems with music on my videos so I stopped using it.

I kept running into problems with music on my videos so I stopped using it.

Sounds like I need to just call it a blessing that I can't add anymore :lol:

Thanks.