Stripper Fishing

nightsessions

Do you guys have any tips for fishing for strippers in SoCal with swimbaits? Never done it, but seems fun. What baits (thinking cheaper since i don't want to lose an expensive one) , what should I do differently, etc.? Basically any info you guys have would be a huge help

Hair jig and a fish trap is a staple for stripers. Also TTs have always produced well. Topwater punker is hard to beat. Mighty minnow on a chatterbait head has been a killernthe last couple years for me too

I've done very well on striper in the delta on fish traps and Storm Wildeye swim shad baits. I do know though that guys who routinely catch real big striper up here catch them on big topwater.

bigger is better if your looking for size deps, slammers romans triple trout huds osprey they all get bit by striper but my two always tied on deps 250 and lunker punker wood ...... if not go cast big hammers and scroungers into boils for schoolies.....

Mighty minnow on a chatterbait head has been a killernthe last couple years for me too

OMG, I need to try that, I know a place were that might be a killer combo. Thanks for the tip.

I throw this setup with trash fish a lot on the Potomac with great success.