New Photo of Perry's World Record Bass

Cimzia79

This is also supposed to be the fish.

worldrecordlargemouthgeorgeperry_zpsc94dfa7d.jpg

This picture looks more legit to my novice eyes. Its funny how different the guys look in the two pics, different hats etc. The first one just looks like a cartoon or one of those cheesy "old time photos" you get done with friends

This picture looks more legit to my novice eyes. Its funny how different the guys look in the two pics, different hats etc. The first one just looks like a cartoon or one of those cheesy "old time photos" you get done with friends

I read somewhere that the guy next to the kid isn't Perry and that nobody knows who it is/was, or if that is even supposed to be "the" fish.

In this digital world, I can't imagine that photo is real until somebody has the actual hard copy to review. Interesting I would feel that way when one of the other things about Perry's fish that amazes me is how many people have revisionist theories applying today's circus atmosphere around "world record" to what might or might not have happened then.

The funny thing is that it doesn't matter whether you believe in Perry's WR or not. There is a modern day record fish (1 oz. heavier) that was caught in Japan and weighed on a modern scale and has plenty of pics/video to prove its existence.

I think we should forget about this nonsense and bring the WR back to the states 8-)

-Ali

Seems to me that if the Perrys fish wasn't real hes the best liar ever. Its not like the weight is outlandish. All the biggest fish caught are right on par to that weight. The japan fish was an ounce heavier? Dottie was within a pound when snagged I think, not sure but close. For them to make that good of a guess 70+ yrs ago, then hell they can have the record! :lol::lol: I mean if it was like 28-30 lbs and we never seen any fish close I could believe it was a hoax but that weight seems pretty much legit to me. Picture or not, I don't think bass have decided that 24 lbs is the upper ceiling for weight just cuz they heard that's what the record is :lol:

I couldn't care less if it's "real" or not.

Just looking at it, I think it's a cool pic. I'd definitely hang a re-print of that pic on the wall of my cave.

I like Ceasar's analysis of how it is not some outlandish claim. Never thought of it that way before.