New Photo of Perry's World Record Bass

Cimzia79

This picture is clearly fake. The border is pure white while the rest is discolored. Photography paper will turn yellow as it ages. It also looks like the grain on the bass is not consistent with the rest of picture. Grain is a texture you get naturally with shooting films where in digital you have to add it in.

Seems to me that if the Perrys fish wasn't real hes the best liar ever. Its not like the weight is outlandish. All the biggest fish caught are right on par to that weight. The japan fish was an ounce heavier? Dottie was within a pound when snagged I think, not sure but close. For them to make that good of a guess 70+ yrs ago, then hell they can have the record! :lol::lol: I mean if it was like 28-30 lbs and we never seen any fish close I could believe it was a hoax but that weight seems pretty much legit to me. Picture or not, I don't think bass have decided that 24 lbs is the upper ceiling for weight just cuz they heard that's what the record is :lol:

You think there's a 24+ out there Ceaser? Me too... I think there is bound to be some real giants around the world... Japan, Africa, Mexico, etc. Some of those places are untapped big bass factories. I can't imagine what it would be like to live at one of those lakes for a year with a boat throwing nothing but swimbaits. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a world record swimming around somewhere in Virginia.

Seems to me that if the Perrys fish wasn't real hes the best liar ever. Its not like the weight is outlandish. All the biggest fish caught are right on par to that weight. The japan fish was an ounce heavier? Dottie was within a pound when snagged I think, not sure but close. For them to make that good of a guess 70+ yrs ago, then hell they can have the record! :lol::lol: I mean if it was like 28-30 lbs and we never seen any fish close I could believe it was a hoax but that weight seems pretty much legit to me. Picture or not, I don't think bass have decided that 24 lbs is the upper ceiling for weight just cuz they heard that's what the record is :lol:

You think there's a 24+ out there Ceaser? Me too... I think there is bound to be some real giants around the world... Japan, Africa, Mexico, etc. Some of those places are untapped big bass factories. I can't imagine what it would be like to live at one of those lakes for a year with a boat throwing nothing but swimbaits. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a world record swimming around somewhere in Virginia.

Think about all the lakes in Georgia and North Carolina in the mountains that are stocked with trout? Some Alabama and South Carolina lakes have GIANT bass. If we were all fishing at these lakes we would be catching monster fish.

Just noticed the best part of this picture!... He has a boot on his left leg and seems to not have one one on his right, plus his left knee seems to disappear behind the tail.

On the other note, wasn't Dottie unofficially caught at 24lbs. I thought that was the weight when she was "snagged". Biggest fish I have ever seen with my own eyes...

Just noticed the best part of this picture!... He has a boot on his left leg and seems to not have one one on his right, plus his left knee seems to disappear behind the tail.

On the other note, wasn't Dottie unofficially caught at 24lbs. I thought that was the weight when she was "snagged". Biggest fish I have ever seen with my own eyes...

:lol: Good eye! I think Dottie was 25lbs when she was "snagged". But yeah, easily a fake but cool pic. I hope I am alive to see the record shattered, hopefully by someone on this forum ;)

Cool video on Dottie

Ive persoanlly seen fish on the Delta that would be pushing breaking OUR record of a little over 18 lbs, dont know cuz how do you eyeball a huge teener! LOL but ive seen some freaking bohemoths! I dont know if we have one here but we grow em close... mostly without trout. IM sure there are some WR class fish swimming in alot of waters or i at least I like to think so :lol:

Ive persoanlly seen fish on the Delta that would be pushing breaking OUR record of a little over 18 lbs, dont know cuz how do you eyeball a huge teener! LOL but ive seen some freaking bohemoths! I dont know if we have one here but we grow em close... mostly without trout. IM sure there are some WR class fish swimming in alot of waters or i at least I like to think so :lol:

there has to be . the delta is freaking huge bro , in a 1000+ miles of water there has to be one out there . at least thats what i keep telling myself hahah