Custom Painters?

ericksen

I'm looking for someone to paint some baits, I've seen a lot of sick custom colors on this site and would love a referral to someone who does good/meticulous work. I've used a couple recommended guys from other forums, but wasn't quite what I was looking for.

I'm mainly looking to get some custom finishes on punkers, Wake Jr,'s, slammers etc.

Any suggestions/names/emails?

Thanks!

RBTEK1, aka Rich Baldonado. You will find a lot of his repaints on Instagram via his user name RBTEK1 or BassBrigade.

He does a lot of Deps 250's and Triple Trout repaints.

Rich is doing some punkers for me. Will post when I get them.....they are going to be sick....

What kind of price do these guys charge? I would guess it varies depending on the length and the amount of joints.

Also wonder how the repaints hold up compaired to the the original on hard and soft body/skinned baits.

Dwain at baitwerks did my 6" freestyle trout (I know, I'm a heathen). Turned a black bait into an awesome shad pattern. Durability from what I can tell is just slightly less than Mickey's original. Mine was about $25. Dwain is a great guy, would do it again. I had worries about altering a 3:16 cause I have seen some repaints on the black market that make me cringe.

Not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering about custom painting slide swimmers. I know people do it, I just wanted to know if anyone has used a custom painted SS and how well the paint holds up. Additionally, is it worth picking up an off color and getting it custom painted?

Thanks SU!

There is a guy here in Missouri named Trey Harpel that does lure painting as well as reel super-tuning. Search his name on Google and you'll find his site (wasn't sure if I could post the link in here)

HA! Trey is a homie! Real cool dude. 8-)

Not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering about custom painting slide swimmers. I know people do it, I just wanted to know if anyone has used a custom painted SS and how well the paint holds up. Additionally, is it worth picking up an off color and getting it custom painted?

Thanks SU!

I bought a chartreuse 250SS and had Rich Baldonado (RBTEK1) turn it into a yellow perch. I had the place I bought it from send it right to Rich. In the end it cost me $180 all in. Durability has been fantastic. I had him do a bass for me after that.