How to Make My Deps 250 Skin Clear Again?

Morgan Y

My BB trout 250 that I swam down and got in that pond has become a bit milky from being underwater. How do I go about making it clear again, should I boil it, take the skins off and wipe it with rubbing alcohol, or do something else? Any help would be appreciated, but if I can't do anything then at least it kind of looks like a natural saiko trout now.

I dont really don't have a answer for your question but one thing I would say is don't use any brush under the skin. When I got my 250 there was mud in every Crevice, took a light brush to it and ruined the finish. Just watch what you do and take your time with cleaning.

20211204_180555.thumb.jpg.1f4cbbea14a754c3e1ed12313ed6501c.jpg

Let it sit a while and dry off. This 250 spent about two weeks underwater and even got infested with sedge fly larvae! Looks all screwy and off color but after it sat at home for a day or two was back to normal save for some missing paint.

milkyskin.jpg

3 hours ago, 406Bassin said:

I dont really don't have a answer for your question but one thing I would say is don't use any brush under the skin. When I got my 250 there was mud in every Crevice, took a light brush to it and ruined the finish. Just watch what you do and take your time with cleaning.

20211204_180555.thumb.jpg.1f4cbbea14a754c3e1ed12313ed6501c.jpg

Cue tips are what I’ll use to wipe anything down. I’d agree that any kind of brush would destroy the finish, it’s delicate. 

3 hours ago, Jon P said:

Let it sit a while and dry off. This 250 spent about two weeks underwater and even got infested with sedge fly larvae! Looks all screwy and off color but after it sat at home for a day or two was back to normal save for some missing paint.

milkyskin.jpg

It’s already getting better but is still a bit murky. I had remembered butch telling me when I was on a phone call with him that I should wipe off the insides from time to time. 

3 hours ago, Jinxd12 said:

Acetone. I had a nude black and turned it clear, make sure you don't leave it on for forever and use dish soap.

Just on the skin, the wrap don't touch it, except add the sparkle stickers.

I’ll check it out, but might use rubbing alcohol because I’m not trying to ruin the finish. 

3 hours ago, DrewManFishing said:

one of mine got super cloudy at one point, just kept fishing it and a trip after that it was back to normal. just dry it out after every time u fish it 

I always dry mine out and squirt the water out of the tail. I’ll keep waiting and see what happens. 

4 hours ago, Bill Hughes said:

Bought the realistic wrap, for the 250. Used acetone to make my skin clear again, Takes some work for sure, but worth it.

I like the colors that I have so I’m going to keep them for now. 

Problem solved. As a couple of members have said, the skin clears up after a few days, and I even decided to take both the front and rear skins off to clean. I use some soap and now they’re cleaner than ever. Butch had told me about cleaning my baits every now and then but I hadn’t gotten around to it. Something to remember is that you should reseal them rear section with vinyl glue when you’re done.