Peacock Bass vs DRT Tiny Klash - Florida Everglades

BassInterceptor

PEACOCK BASS

Raw iPhone C2C, totally forgot the GoPro in my Tacoma! Getting into this spot via kayak is a journey, mission and adventure in itself. The payoff is massively Miami NICE! 

ENJOY!

IMG_2387.thumb.JPG.0b832d323afb3f31a59985cdfb1d9336.JPG

IMG_2323.thumb.JPG.9967f390da9290fbd8d6f8068cc1ad9c.JPG

IMG_2384.thumb.JPG.c67ec5e002b3642619844ea32ad4d819.JPG

IMG_2345.thumb.JPG.ae5f96dd018ec2847650cd2814c96a85.JPG

Bed fishing with glides is SOOOOOOO fun, I love it. I know that a klash can't do this but I've found that letting big glides sit on the bottom and then ripping the bait to do a 180 gets a ton of bites because they'll react to the rip if they're nosed down on it or nearby, I also do well with a burn right up to the fish and slowing it down then burning again (burn pause). Peacocks are simply beautiful, there's no other way to put it, someday I'll get one.

i lived in south florida when the peacocks were first introduced in the late 1980s.  At that time they would rarely hit an artificial lure.   If you have some live minnows it was game on.  They progressed to hit small grubs and other baitfish imitators.   The reason i started fishing with a golf glove was the sticky velcro teeth on these guys.   A largemouth will go limp when limped, these guys will close their mouth on your thumb.

25 minutes ago, Archtx9 said:

i lived in south florida when the peacocks were first introduced in the late 1980s.  At that time they would rarely hit an artificial lure.   If you have some live minnows it was game on.  They progressed to hit small grubs and other baitfish imitators.   The reason i started fishing with a golf glove was the sticky velcro teeth on these guys.   A largemouth will go limp when limped, these guys will close their mouth on your thumb.

It must’ve been really cool to watch them grow and spread out in the canal systems down there.