Suspending Slammer: How to

vikingbear8

I have had this issue with some mods I have done, its better to only add weight to the front section which allows the lighter back section to move more easily. The negative is that the bait does not sit level.

+1 on this if you add the weight to the front section only on a slammer you should still get good action. On the couple I have done they have all worked well after. Another cool mod is to take a rattle and glue it cross way behind the bill. The bait shakes back and forth as is and the rattle is pretty darn loud....yet doesnt impact the action

Lesson = learned! :oops: I should have posted questions about this on here before I went and ruined a perfectly good Slammer. Now I'm shy about modifying (read: destroying) another one with my lack of skills.

Still curious about how it swims, VikingBear - a suspending Slammer would drive the toothy critters to a whole new level of angry!

I doubt it is ruined, just remove the back weight and add to the front. I sent you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Thought I'd bump this from the past, how did the bait end up swimming? Any video? With the coming January freeze I'll have time to tinker with things

With the original method the action was definitely subdued a bit, a little more subtle than the normal action, but they tighten up as you crank them anyway. I took the weight from the rear as recommended by many and it opened up a bit. Sorry I don't have a video, I only bring smaller sized baits like the 7" slammer when my girl fishes with me.