NE Glide eater.

Tuna Meltdown

Last week I decided to take the day off today to get out fishing with my dad and son Liam.  Between weddings, birthdays, baby showers, and graduations the last two months have been impossible to get a day on the water on a weekend.  That being said we launched the 12’ tin can behind my sisters house at Whitehall and immediately saw and spooked a giant largemouth up shallow.  She must have been chasing bluegill up shallow.  I took a mental note of where we saw her and the direction she was heading and circled back to the same area about an hour later and started casting up tight to shore, focusing on the shadows where I couldn’t see.  Second cast she crushed the 8” DS Custom glide.  To my surprise there was two fish!  Another one got spooked and jumped about 5’ away from the one I had hooked and was fighting.  After a brief fight we got her in the net and took a quick measurement and a few quick photos and let her go.  
we made a move to the other end of the lake and I missed another fish that was just as big if not bigger.  She followed to within 20’ of the boat and just nipped the bait and took off.  I then casted off the bait on the very next cast which was probably a blessing in disguise because if I had hooked that fish I probably would have broke her off.  Thankfully I found the bait in shallow clear water and it was a reminder to check my knots and leaders and re-tie after every big fish.

4A46F63E-9208-44BA-8E9F-6436CDD29B57.jpeg

2F68CFEC-A3DD-427E-96C1-051C7E867B21.jpeg