Anyone from Missoula or the Bitterroot Valley area?

Bloodkitty

I'm about to be in Montana for most of the next month and possibly some of September.  I've never been there and all I don't know much of anything about the area. 

I plan on fishing the Bitterroot a lot. I'm taking small trout jerk baits, larger jerk baits(like MB 110s) and other small trout bait stuff. I know how to fly fish, but I don't really have any gear. 

I'm also taking one big bait rod with baits on the smaller end  like a TK, 2pc PB rat, UFO, small glides and wakes, etc...

I'm also bringing my float tube. Thought about bringing my boat, but I just don't feel like traveling with it right now. 

I'm not just a big bait guy. I fish everything. If anyone from the area has any helpful information it would be greatly appreciated and I will totally meet up and buy you beer or food  or both. 

Thanks in advance!

Sam

About three hours west of Missoula in Spokane here. Can’t help too much more than you’ve already figured out on the river / trout stuff. I fished a reservoir at a friends house near Helena for smallies years back, but caught none. You’re not far from some quality bass / pike fishing in the Coeur D’Alene Idaho waters... but it’s a drive