Leviathan Swimbait Rods

Sal

Does anyone have experience with Leviathan Rods? They seem to be quality products especially considering the NFC Blanks utilized. They also have almost double the following of LDC Rods on social media (Instagram). I just don't know why there isn't many reviews on them. I ordered an Omega Swimbait XH, and I am waiting on it to arrive. I plan on doing a full review once I get some time on the water with it. I will say, their shipping is not good. That's me being polite. I ordered my rod Aug 4th, and its the 10th and it still hasn't shipped. Yes, it was an in stock rod. I've ordered JDM items from Japan that have arrived in under a week. This rod is coming from Texas, and hasn't even shipped in a week.

I have a bait finesse, omega h, 2 omega xh and 2 Softswim Silvers. Their rods are fantastic and feel very high quality you will not be disappointed. I can't speak to the shipping issues but the rods are true to rating. They feel great in hand. Some of my favorite rods. 

It’s a wait, mine was 2wks I think. Not bad at all, and it’s very very worth it! The XH is very versatile as well. I’ve been throwing tks up to the Megadogs on it, as well as various soft baits. Also gotta say, very sensitive rod. I’m using copoly and have no problem feeling my softies on the bottom contacting cover

Update - My Omega came in and its an awesome rod. I have only caught 1 fish on it so far, a dink, but it seems to be very sensitive and quite parabolic. I have a lure coming in that is definitely going to test the upper limits of its lure rating range, so I will report back if its lure rating is true, over, or under. Overall, I'm very happy. 

I have 2) dirty dragons xxh....love em.  I plan on selling all my other swimbait rods ( except 2 customs ) and replacing them  Leviathons.   Yeah shipping has been slow , but these are awesome rods on par with custom builds unless you just want some crazy color scheme.

On 8/25/2022 at 1:21 PM, DotyBass said:

I snagged a leviathan finesse swimbait rod and should get it tomorrow, I am beyond stoked, I'm taking it out this weekend and will update with my experience here. 

What baits do you plan on throwing with the finesse? I’m thinking about buying one. 
Thanks

5 hours ago, CWilson said:

What baits do you plan on throwing with the finesse? I’m thinking about buying one. 
Thanks

I went out last weekend and got the throw a Yunique Gill and my black anchor rt-fkr for a bit. Got run off the water by a lightning storm so I didn't get more than a couple dozen casts, it is an incredible rod. Loads like a dream and is so light. I have a TK i want to throw with it, my understanding is the TK/Deps 115/Shellcracker were sort of the target baits with the rod. 

I finally got a shellcracker and am looking for a Gracely to toss on it. 

Edited by DotyBass

2 hours ago, DotyBass said:

I went out last weekend and got the throw a Yunique Gill and my black anchor rt-fkr for a bit. Got run off the water by a lightning storm so I didn't get more than a couple dozen casts, it is an incredible rod. Loads like a dream and is so light. I have a TK i want to throw with it, my understanding is the TK/Deps 115/Shellcracker were sort of the target baits with the rod. 

I finally got a shellcracker and am looking for a Gracely to toss on it. 

Yeah any lighter weight treble swimbait is awesome. Bonus is it doubles as a nice cranking rod for magnum cranks.