1st Lunker Punker/glide bait bass

Wahoooo

I went out to my home lake with the goal of catching my first Lunker(wood/8"/trout) and large glide bait bass. So I pull up to a nice looking area and start to fish the Lunker. In the first few cast I already have followers. Seeing they have some intrest in the bait really gives me high hopes I'm going to get a bite. About 10 minutes later I'm watching the bait do its thing thinking about how good it looks when all of the sudden a bass goes air jaws on the Lunker. I wait a few seconds and set the hook. After a short fight I land a nice 3 lb bass. I take a few pics and let her go. I fish the Lunker for about another hour but only had followers.

1378035564_zps743ea985.jpg

At this point the wind has picked up so I pick up the glide bait and start to fish it over the top of a grass bed. I right away have fish following it but could not get them to bite. After two hours I make a move to an area with a little more color to the water. I'm fishing the area for about 15 min when I make a cast up into about 2 feet of water. I get about one crank in before I have a bass crush my bait. I'm thinking it's a nicer size fish because of the way its fighting and how hard it hit. Well when I finally land the fish and get a look at it I was kind of shocked because it was like Lindsay Lohan skinny and messed up. I take a few pics and let her go to try and put some weight on.

1378035601_zps883f7fbe.jpg

I fished for a few more hours without anymore bites just more followers before calling it a day. I can't to get back out there to see if I can get some more fish on those baits.

Thnx guys!!!! I have been putting in some more time since I caught those fish. I started to fish the 11" version of the glide bait and the other day I had a pair of bass come up and take a look at the bait. The smaller of the two looked to be in that 7-8 lb range but the other one was a JUMBO.... It looked to be close in size to the 14lber I found floating a few months back that I could not save... She was very wide across the back and long... That fish got my heart racing when she nosed up to the bait before swimming off...