Noob paint/clear question

Gdimop96

Question. So I Hydro dipped one of my resin baits yesterday just the classic way with rustoleum and bucket of water, primed it first it looked pretty decent in my opinion I hit it with rusto clear coat, gave it close to 24 hours to dry, then today when I was putting hardware on my hand squeezing the bait must of just peeled the film off. I’ve painted baits with rust oleum and used the rust oleum clear and it worked fine and hasn’t chipped or scratched, maybe it came off because it’s a film? Or do you think it would of stayed on better if I gave it more time? I know the clearcoat isn’t the best option but what would you recommend for a better clear coat that’s easy to use, (I do this all on my porch with no power tools btw)

DDB6F0E1-8767-4B07-9335-6C0834B7E405.jpeg

DO NOT USE RUSTOLEUM ANYTHING!

There is not to many things out there that are "cheap" for what you want to accomplish, I have tried and you just end up paying more money in the long run to realize you should have bought good stuff originally.

I am not sure for hydro dipped painting, but people hydro and clear all sorts of items. If you have an automotive paint store in your general area i would stop in and find some 4k auto clear coat in a small spray can, or pint size for dipping or brush on abilities. Probably the quickest and easiest way to get it done without breaking the bank on a bait made here and there.

If you want to be super super cheap, and you have a little time, go get some clear nail polish and put it on, works for a bait or 2 in a pinch.

I use KBS Diamond, there is a learning curve to get rid of bumps that is brutal to ruin a bait when its realistically finished, and there is Alumilite UV Resin that is a little cheaper but needs UV lights and maybe other stuff.