Shimano Armajoint replacement tails

jachandl1989

Shimano USA is really slacking on their swimbait products.  They have two baits, the ArmaJoint and the Jackall Blast Bone, that have no replacement tails for sale in the United States.  Crazy to sell a bait for that much and it’s useless if the $2 part breaks.  Of course you can try to improvise with other tails but you shouldn’t be forced to.

3 minutes ago, CyrilTveit said:

Shimano USA is really slacking on their swimbait products.  They have two baits, the ArmaJoint and the Jackall Blast Bone, that have no replacement tails for sale in the United States.  Crazy to sell a bait for that much and it’s useless if the $2 part breaks.  Of course you can try to improvise with other tails but you shouldn’t be forced to.

Agreed, and thanks for the information. I am currently going back and forth with them via email. I'll post any updates as they come.

Well I lost my other tail finally and since I'm too poor to buy another one right now, necessity became the mother of invention.  I trimmed down the tail of one of the new Swerve glide baits from bass pro.  Ran a needle through the end and threaded it onto the catch pin on the tail of the bait.  I figured a 5 dollar tail (I get an employee discount so each Swerve comes out to less then 10$ each and they come with 2 tails.) beats buying a new 40+ dollar bait.  I'll post an update on how it swims and if I catch anything when I can for those that might be in a similar situation.

20230211_194107.jpg

• 1 month later...