new pb striper at willow beach

davepikey81

Went down to willow beach az yesterday. We arrived at about 5 am and fished straight till noon and nothing just one follower on the soft tool but nothing else. The wind died off and the water turned into glass...in places we had as much as 38ft visability.

We headed back to the marina to grab some food and rest for half hour. Then off we went again till about 2 when my buddy started to dehydrate and id thrown every single swimbait i had and was getting frustrated and making mistakes. We decided to call it a day. I took my buddy up to the marina store to get some water while i drove the boat to the ramp. I fired out one last cast with the slide swimmer and boom!!!

The fish put up a hell of a fight getting airborne twice then thrashing on the surface (giving all the trout fisherman a show) before i got it in the net. I took her to the dock where my buddy was waiting with the trailer in the water. Just for a quick picture then off it went...

post-1631-14252990053768_thumb.jpg

You, mike and people like you guys make me wanna go bigger and better...i learned alot from fishing with you that day and just applied it to further up the river...you were right aswell i need a bigger net...this one broke mine

Bigger net and emergency gaff never know when it could be the one....