FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO THROW CXX

Burningeightsanarchy

I hate cxx so much. Gone almost completely to 20 or 25lb assassin or 20lb big game. Just be gentile with flouro, I threw a 250 all last year on 25 assassin 0 issue. Also you can get a chin weight from TW for 250's to get them down deeper

Just my own personal 2¢, without having read through the rest of the opinions, but I won’t be using CXX any longer... I finally managed to buy my first pack of Citizen 6” off the site, and 11 cast in on 17lb CXX I cast off. It failed almost 20ft from the knot, no backlash occurred, and I couldn’t find any abrasions in the 20 or so feet after the snap point. I’ll only be casting fluro to braid or straight braid from now on. 

I was using lighter 12lb CX on shakey heads with great experience. Really like dragging a shakey head on the bottom, and pulling the light tight and giving a few pops at the tip when I’m fishing slow slow, really made it easy to feel when a fish picked it up. Was most recently throwing flukes on 10lb CX, but when feeling the line stretch working the bait, it started worrying me again. So I just switched that rod to 12lb Invizx. 

Still don’t know if I’ll run a straight fluro setup on my big softbaits, but I’m thinking not. Did pickup 25lb Abrazx though in case I make that decision.