NFC Blanks

Sarge

Anyone have any reviews on these blanks for the mother size + baits?

Are they durable? Was told by a guy that was told by a guy that was told by a guy they were fragile for tossing the bigger baits.

Make sure to inspect and test the blanks thoroughly when you first get them; if there's a manufacturing defect you want to find that out right away before you build and you'll be within your 30 day warranty.  I have zero complaints about durability on anything I've built from them.  Which blanks did you pick?

The 808 is a monster, the 809 is an absolute beast of a rod.  After I built mine I took it down to the local pond and was able to chuck a 16oz diamond jig with it; a legit cast too, no lobbing.  I built it to fish a 12" glide but I've spent more time fishing rockfish and lingcod with it lol.  It's a good rod, lots of power but will keep a bait pinned.  I'm sure you'll be happy with its performance.

Regarding NFC in general, wrapped about a dozen of their sticks so far, several in the regular rotation receiving heavy use for over two years now.  Haven't had any issues with durability.  As mentioned, stress test before the wrap and you can be confident in the integrity of the blank. 

Edited by tHeINFamoUS

A guy I work with builds rods as a side gig and for fun. I asked him about these when I saw the original post Monday morning (I would never browse at work):lol: He said he's made over 100 rods and he's only ever had one issue with an NFC blank and it was an ultralight multi piece. 

They're running a deal right now 10 blanks for $600, getting a couple guys to go in on a rod package I'm also thinking of snagging an XH 809