Phoney Heavyweight

marathon911

7 hours ago, marathon911 said:

Agree.  But the aftermarket sales say no.

There was one on here from like November to January. Dude start price was 100. I think he sold it for 50 shipped. I've seen tons sell for way under retail. I honestly figured they sucked or something. I have a phoney shad that swim was awful and was chipping at the joints from test swims. A guy tuned it for me just to see if it was a defect and that mf swims great now. 

43 minutes ago, Sethspain33 said:

There was one on here from like November to January. Dude start price was 100. I think he sold it for 50 shipped. I've seen tons sell for way under retail. I honestly figured they sucked or something. I have a phoney shad that swim was awful and was chipping at the joints from test swims. A guy tuned it for me just to see if it was a defect and that mf swims great now. 

Honestly most people just don’t know how to tune them. I’ve gotten so many in trades and they’re always just not tuned correctly when I get them. I have 4 gill, and 6 shad/6 shiner. Catch more fish than my hinkle ever did lol

21 hours ago, marathon911 said:

That guy must have been desperate to sell for $50. No love, it goes back on a rod

That was mine that sold for $50. Was not desperate to sell, just realistically was never going to fish the bait. Would much rather have someone else use it than have it collect dust in my garage.