Guide repair for LDC

BreadTooShred

Hey guys finally got some time in a lake I didn’t even know had bass today and lost the plastic piece on the top guide of my  Workshop MH.

I’m sure one or two of y’all has experienced this in the recent past and could enlighten me how I can go about fixing the issue. Not sure if Sportmans or Cabelas does rod repair. Or if Ben has sent plastics pieces for them out to y’all.

Guess it must’ve come loose when I accidentally banged the ceiling when leaving this afternoon. Then it proceeded to slip off when changing baits without me noticing it. Finally noticed when I saw my line fraying up about 1’-2’ from my tk. Glad I did see when I did cuz those sake bombers aren’t easy to come by and def won’t be in the future.

Any input is much appreciated as always. Thanks SU.

You’ll have to get the whole guide replaced, you can’t just replace the ring that got knocked out (these rings are typically made of some kind of ceramic, not plastic). He also uses a heavy duty tip top, and in order to replace it you’ll have to get the thread wrap and epoxy redone…it has a small metal tab that extends under the thread wrap with epoxy on it.

A local rod builder can do this for you, shouldn’t be terribly expensive. They should be able to match the factory thread wraps when they re-wrap it so you’ll never know anything ever happened. 

@ikaika Thank you for the information!! Did not know. Never really happened to my nice rods only my shitty trout rods I replace cuz they’re only $20.

if anyone knows any local rod builders in the Portland area. Let me know plz! Would like to get back to swimbaiting since this is my only SB rod for the time being.