Losing fish on the tiny klash

Brilandyoung

So i have been using the tiny klash a bunch and I’ve been crushing the fish.but I’ve also lost so many fish, including some pbs. I’m wondering what hooks to swap out for the original stock hooks.it’s a high float but I have lead strips on it to weigh it down if that’s important to any of y’all.please share some advice,thanks!

The stock hooks are killers. Are you bending them out?

Do you use straight braid? Tell us a little about your rod/reel/line setup.

That bait fishes like a big jerkbait so a nice moderate action rod and flouro/mono/copoly of your choice and you should be good to go.

2 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

The stock hooks are killers. Are you bending them out?

Do you use straight braid? Tell us a little about your rod/reel/line setup.

That bait fishes like a big jerkbait so a nice moderate action rod and flouro/mono/copoly of your choice and you should be good to go.

No I use 20lb sunline fc sniper and the hooks are brand new 

The best way I found to stop losing fish was to start playing them a little longer when I know theyre larger than average. Bass may fight sloppily but the large ones know how to make you lose leverage on them with their body weight vs the hook point in their mouth when I’m snook fishing I always double tap, I’m guilty of that translating into my bass fishing but it works for me lol 

7 minutes ago, BittyRanger said:

The best way I found to stop losing fish was to start playing them a little longer when I know theyre larger than average. Bass may fight sloppily but the large ones know how to make you lose leverage on them with their body weight vs the hook point in their mouth when I’m snook fishing I always double tap, I’m guilty of that translating into my bass fishing but it works for me lol 

I appreciate the help 

For whatever it’s worth (about tree fiddy) I fish st56 #2s on mine, using braid. They seem to work well, I haven’t caught a ton of fish on Tiny Klash but I like my hookup ratio so far 

21 minutes ago, Mossypumpkin said:

What he said. If you’re just losing them and not bending hooks, you need more give. Softer rod, mono are the first things I’d try. Maybe set a little drag too. Stock hooks are fine

I use  the Dobyns 7’9 I’ve had it for whole and it’s a solid rod so idk if that would be the issue.maybe I just need to set the hook harder or fight it better.I tend to drop the rod to keep from jumping if that would make a difference.

one thing i learned is try not to drop your rod tip. that can give slack in the line and give them just enough wiggle room to squeeze off. keep the rod tip up and line tight - and use your drag. This is where i think higher end reels can really make a difference, but guys with crappy $100 reels have caught way more fish than me so what do i know. Just personal opinion.

17 minutes ago, Brilandyoung said:

I use  the Dobyns 7’9 I’ve had it for whole and it’s a solid rod so idk if that would be the issue.maybe I just need to set the hook harder or fight it better.I tend to drop the rod to keep from jumping if that would make a difference.

Which 7’9”?

15 minutes ago, captainhookset said:

one thing i learned is try not to drop your rod tip. that can give slack in the line and give them just enough wiggle room to squeeze off. keep the rod tip up and line tight - and use your drag. This is where i think higher end reels can really make a difference, but guys with crappy $100 reels have caught way more fish than me so what do i know. Just personal opinion.

Haha I appreciate it my drag is tight so I don’t think that’s the problem but I definitely drop my tip a lot just to keep them from jumping.I appreciate ur help