St Croix Victory rods

Klashnash

I’ve messed with the swimbaits models in stores and they seem really fast. Seems to me like they would be a great option for jig hook or weedless softies. I have a 7’3” MH victory series for conventional and it’s super fast. The whole lineup has a pretty stiff action. 

3 minutes ago, LClements said:

I’ve messed with the swimbaits models in stores and they seem really fast. Seems to me like they would be a great option for jig hook or weedless softies. I have a 7’3” MH victory series for conventional and it’s super fast. The whole lineup has a pretty stiff action. 

This being said though I’d strongly recommend the Dobyns champ xp 807 for softies. if your looking to throw citizens it’s perfect. If you want to throw the 6 inch pair it with a 200 size reel. 300 size reel for the 7 inch is the move.

I recently acquired the 7'10" XH/Fast S.B. Avenger , that said I don't have a lot of time with it . I lost one fish and landed the other 4 with a couple of 4 lbers being the biggest so far . I have it paired it with a Curado 301 and spooled with 20 lb Floro . I plan on using it for intermediate size baits with jig hooks or Beast hook configurations. Based on my limited experience I've been happy with it so far , it seems to have enough power to get a good hookset . Even though it is a little more stiff than most St. Crioux rods it's not a pool cue , it has a little give in the last quarter of the rod and could probably do a respectable job throwing treble hook baits thuogh I do not intend on using it for that .