Rigging Rof 0 hudd

Tpreston

Any suggestions on how to go about rigging a rof 0 with no belly hanger? Anyone had any experience with tryin to run a stinger set up on the belly? Tryin to think of the best way to do it for fishing the bait barely subsurface. Thanks y’all 

I usually fish the top hooks or bb-rig them, you could try placing some nail weights and it would be possible to drill through the foam, place a coffee straw and run the line underneath for a belly line through hook 

3BBFB8D5-135B-4C50-BD76-BE5D42EF3689.thumb.jpeg.e6360fd72bf3b6c535483d02d3fc8eac.jpeg

Yeah man I was actually thinkin about converting to a line thru I have a few to play with so it might be a good option. Thanks for the diagram! It’ll help me to figure out where to drill through for sure 

20 minutes ago, Tpreston said:

Yeah man I was actually thinkin about converting to a line thru I have a few to play with so it might be a good option. Thanks for the diagram! It’ll help me to figure out where to drill through for sure 

I'd bb rig it. The reason they stopped making the hook hanger on the bottom was to not kill the fish .

6 hours ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

I'd bb rig it. The reason they stopped making the hook hanger on the bottom was to not kill the fish .

Yeah I don’t always love the belly line thru for that reason. You might be right about the bb rig though might be the way to go 

I wish they had the 10" in an ROF0 with a hook hanger right underneath the line tie, that'd be the spice of life. The ROF0 8" used to be one of my go-to baits but now all they're good for is making a slightly slower than ROF5 BB rig. There's a dude on IG called KDS Baits that has a 10.5" floater rigged up just perfect that I'm going to try out come next paycheck. Also talked Joe Rainville's ear off conceptualizing a similar rigging on his 10" trout but that might not be happening, Joe's a busy dude.

13 hours ago, JohnMarino said:

I usually fish the top hooks or bb-rig them, you could try placing some nail weights and it would be possible to drill through the foam, place a coffee straw and run the line underneath for a belly line through hook 

3BBFB8D5-135B-4C50-BD76-BE5D42EF3689.thumb.jpeg.e6360fd72bf3b6c535483d02d3fc8eac.jpeg

That’s an awesome diagram right there. Makes it easier than having to chop Hudds apart. Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, Jon P said:

I wish they had the 10" in an ROF0 with a hook hanger right underneath the line tie, that'd be the spice of life. The ROF0 8" used to be one of my go-to baits but now all they're good for is making a slightly slower than ROF5 BB rig. There's a dude on IG called KDS Baits that has a 10.5" floater rigged up just perfect that I'm going to try out come next paycheck. Also talked Joe Rainville's ear off conceptualizing a similar rigging on his 10" trout but that might not be happening, Joe's a busy dude.

If your on swimabit universe the guy running hudd posted some 10in rof 0s just no bottom hanger 

19 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

If your on swimabit universe the guy running hudd posted some 10in rof 0s just no bottom hanger 

I avoid FB like the plague, been a while since I've checked anything on universe. That said, definitely gotta wait on a paycheck before I buy more baits.

1 minute ago, urbanhick said:

He tagged along in my boat a couple of weeks ago we were throwing his new little perch bait, smallies killed it as well as lake trout. He is really busy, I actually had to bring him back to the dock at  noon that day

Talked to him a few times and I got a lot of appreciation for folks in the fishing industry that are actually willing to chat to their customers beyond basic customer service. I also really gotta get my hands on that little perch, hadn't seen that one before! Joe's bait's are absolutely indispensable for my area, just about every other body of water is filled with pike and Joe's baits are pike-proof.

10 minutes ago, Jon P said:

Talked to him a few times and I got a lot of appreciation for folks in the fishing industry that are actually willing to chat to their customers beyond basic customer service. I also really gotta get my hands on that little perch, hadn't seen that one before! Joe's bait's are absolutely indispensable for my area, just about every other body of water is filled with pike and Joe's baits are pike-proof.

He's a good dude, been a friend for a dozen or so years.