Abu Garcia Record 61HC

DavidHLD

I'm not certain about the Record series but I did just recently pick up a set of bearings from Smooth Drag for my C4 5601. They are 4x10x4 and they seem to be pretty good bearings. I've yet to fish the reel with them installed as I'm still waiting on a few other parts to arrive. I'm adding a dual bearing cog wheel and dual bearing levelwind kit with ceramic pawl to see just how much performance I can get out of a Garcia round reel.

This was my very first baitcast reel and I'd since moved on to Shimano reels and never fished my old Abu anymore but after doing a few upgrades to my Shimano's and realizing the difference they made in performance and at the same time knowing about all the upgrade possibilities there are for Abu round reels I just had to give it a shot and see how it would go. So far so good.

I've also had very good luck with Boca bearings. Boca has super customer service and they stand behind their bearings should you ever have a problem. I'm sure you could find the exact bearings you're looking for on their site but if you can't you can give them a call and I know they'll get you set up with just what you need.