Silent killer 175 conversion?

Snolan9986

Its the same as the 250. If you have a rise up model you will need to take the weight out of the tail like a 250 silent killer, if its a standard 175 there is no weight. 175s are more difficult to tune from my experience. They want to sink head first if you add enough weight to make it a slow sink.

Can anyone direct me to a you tube/ su link on how to convert a silet killer 175 to a slide swimmer. I saw one on here for the 250. If it the same process?

Yea pretty much the same process, by pretty much I mean exactly, with different weight amount :lol: .

I did one a few weeks ago, works pretty sweet! Not sure about the exact weighting, I just added and subtracted extra weight until I felt it was doing what I wanted.

I also agree with the post above mine, the 175's are harder to tune.

• 5 months later...
Its the same as the 250. If you have a rise up model you will need to take the weight out of the tail like a 250 silent killer, if its a standard 175 there is no weight. 175s are more difficult to tune from my experience. They want to sink head first if you add enough weight to make it a slow sink.

I put a little extra Tungsten putty on top of the rear weight to get mine to sink with the proper orientation.

The Deps tuning weights for a 175 weigh 10g each and you need to put both of them in to make the bait swim correctly. You could also just pop out the stock weights and put 10g of tungsten putty in each cavity.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for info on how to remove the two factory installed weights ,small partial in the front socket and full one in sevond socket . I have the deps replacement weights . Any help will be apprieiated. Thanx